• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Battery from 60% to 5% in seconds

JYo

Nov 29, 2009
This may already be here, I did search... My Droid has done this twice in the last 2 weeks. I get the red light, my battery says 5% (when seconds before this it was at about 60%), and says I need to charge. I turn off the phone, wait a few seconds and restart it, and boom, back to 60% again. I don't have any new apps running. Today it happened when there was an incoming call, I ingored the call, turned the phone off, and the charge was back.
Thanks for any help or ideas

This may already be here, I did search... My Droid has done this twice in the last 2 weeks. I get the red light, my battery says 5% (when seconds before this it was at about 60%), and says I need to charge. I turn off the phone, wait a few seconds and restart it, and boom, back to 60% again. I don't have any new apps running. Today it happened when there was an incoming call, I ignored the call, turned the phone off, and the charge was back.

Take out the battery and give the contacts a good cleaning.
Clean the contacts in the phone too if you can.

Might help, if it's just a bad battery connection or oxidation on the brass contacts.
Worth a try.
If that doesn't work, take it back to the dealer, they might even be familiar with the problem.

Upvote 0
This may already be here, I did search... My Droid has done this twice in the last 2 weeks. I get the red light, my battery says 5% (when seconds before this it was at about 60%), and says I need to charge. I turn off the phone, wait a few seconds and restart it, and boom, back to 60% again. I don't have any new apps running. Today it happened when there was an incoming call, I ingored the call, turned the phone off, and the charge was back.

It happened to me twice, happened to a few other people. Seems like normal Motorola Droid behavior. don't know if there an actual report to Motorola.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones