• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DROID Bionic Accessory Lineup Will Include Webtop Adapter for Quick, Inexpensive

kind of a no point if you need to carry around moniter, keyboard and mouse with all the wires....i just hope that they can make an universal lapdock.

Still, better than nothing i guess.

The Laptop Dock is the laptop. You want full portability, just sync your docs to a real laptop. With the USB cable. Which you can already do.

Why even bother making a universal laptop dock when laptops are themselves not universal?

I want it all! All of it! You hear me??? All of it!!!

:D Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

7irz.jpg

But man, with the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE... questioning my decision to get the Bionic...

7irz.jpg

But man, with the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE... questioning my decision to get the Bionic...

GS2 will not happen on Verizon!!! Only Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T only... Unless you are on or going to those providers they are the only ones getting the GS2!!!

GS2 will not happen on Verizon!!! Only Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T only... Unless you are on or going to those providers they are the only ones getting the GS2!!!

That would be the non-LTE, preach, and those three carriers can keep it.

A new LTE version is being announced at IFA (not NY). it's on the stratosphere and prime threads.

LTE version of SGSII makes me understand why Verizon passed on the 3g model.

http://androidandme.com/2011/08/dev...-it-announces-the-regular-versions-this-week/

A new LTE version is being announced at IFA (not NY). it's on the stratosphere and prime threads.

Is there a precedent for announcing a U.S. phone release at an event outside of the U.S.? I'm sure Samsung has something to announce at this event, but I wonder how likely a U.S., and by default Verizon, release would take place there.

Edit: According to the IFA website, Samsung has scheduled press conferences on Thursday 9/1, probably to announce 4D TV's.

Those are all rumors and have no legitimate supports.

I doubt stratosphere is coming Sept 9.

Well the SGSII with LTE is fact, not rumor. It came from Samsung's own mouth. I doubt, though, that it's the Stratosphere. Most likely it's the Celox that's been seen with having a nice metal finish and not that plastic case it's had in the past.

Is there a precedent for announcing a U.S. phone release at an event outside of the U.S.? I'm sure Samsung has something to announce at this event, but I wonder how likely a U.S., and by default Verizon, release would take place there.

Edit: According to the IFA website, Samsung has scheduled press conferences on Thursday 9/1, probably to announce 4D TV's.

Whether it's destined to United States or even Verizon is all speculation, of course. I was merely posting the link and info to explain why Tehsusenoh was so excited about it. I highly doubt the word Verizon would ever be brought up in a Berlin IFA announcement. We can only dream at this point. :)

Well the SGSII with LTE is fact, not rumor. It came from Samsung's own mouth. I doubt, though, that it's the Stratosphere. Most likely it's the Celox that's been seen with having a nice metal finish and not that plastic case it's had in the past.

Celox is not same as SGSII... i dont get why some people call it a variant, but it isnt...It has snapdragon processors which is supposed to be far weaker than processors of SGSII.

Also, we have no clue when this is coming. it might even be next year. we have no way of knowing. SGSII was supposed to come to verizon 2 months ago. i am not putting off buying Bionic just because some mysteriously powerful phone may come to verizon anytime soon.

All the other phones will prob get delayed again, but if some do actually pop up in a month or two and happens to be far better than Bionic, i will just use my other upgrade which should be available to me sometime soon.

I thought the Celox was basically the SGS2 with a bigger screen, upped processor, and LTE? Isn't that what everyone's been saying?

Last night I was decided to get Bionic, I don't want to wait any more, but this morning I think I might wait a little longer. 1.5GHZ sounds better to me than 1GhZ, and a bigger and better display is awesome. We'll see what happens in the next couple weeks.

Bionic is a sweet looking phone, but I think an LTE version of SGS2 might last me the 2 years better than the Bionic. Just my thoughts, dont get pissed.

I thought the Celox was basically the SGS2 with a bigger screen, upped processor, and LTE? Isn't that what everyone's been saying?

Last night I was decided to get Bionic, I don't want to wait any more, but this morning I think I might wait a little longer. 1.5GHZ sounds better to me than 1GhZ, and a bigger and better display is awesome. We'll see what happens in the next couple weeks.

Bionic is a sweet looking phone, but I think an LTE version of SGS2 might last me the 2 years better than the Bionic. Just my thoughts, dont get pissed.

:eek:Give me back my Troll Spray!!! You sold out to the man!!!;)

:eek:Give me back my Troll Spray!!! You sold out to the man!!!;)

:D

Nah, Bionic is #1A in my list of phones I wanna get. #1 is a mystery. Just not a big fan of the box design of Motorola phones, but the build quality is great. I can wait a little longer.

I think I've been scared straight since I got the Xoom tablet, which cost me all my savings, and then my brother got the iPad 2 and I wanted to bash my head in the wall. I don't wanna go thru that again. I'm being careful this time around.

It seems the Webtop capability will also be included with the Bionic, however, I cannot find the answer to this question: can a Webtop capable phone connect to a normal laptop, display on the laptop's screen, and be controlled by the laptop's keyboard and touchpad?

I know this sounds super obvious, but the Motorola info jury makes vainglorious promises, and the user videos I've found don't address this.

Thank you,

Matt

:D

Nah, Bionic is #1A in my list of phones I wanna get. #1 is a mystery. Just not a big fan of the box design of Motorola phones, but the build quality is great. I can wait a little longer.

I think I've been scared straight since I got the Xoom tablet, which cost me all my savings, and then my brother got the iPad 2 and I wanted to bash my head in the wall. I don't wanna go thru that again. I'm being careful this time around.

I have been thinking of getting the Xoom or Galaxy 10.1 in a couple of months. Why did you like the iPad2 better then your Xoom?

I have been thinking of getting the Xoom or Galaxy 10.1 in a couple of months. Why did you like the iPad2 better then your Xoom?

First off let me say that I'm biased against Apple. I hate the way they do business and I cant stand itunes. That's why I didn't bother wait for the iPad 2 and went ahead and grabbed a xoom.

When my brother picked it up, we spent a ton of time comparing. I'd even take his iPad to class and he'd take my xoom for a couple of days at a time.

What I saw was that the iPad 2 is way lighter and thinner, it really makes a difference.

I didn't like that the xoom had touch buttons scattered all over the place, in all four corners, where the iPad was really easy to just operate. (I'm not that much of a geek, and the iPad just looks prettier, button wise. I'm not into the whole Tron look either.)

I also liked the keyboard on the ipad better, although the xoom is pretty good too.

Gaming was faster and smoother on the iPad 2, for some reason. I know xoom has more RAM, but it was just smoother on the Apple.

I don't like the lack of tablet-specific apps on Android at this point. Apple has way more, and they're very polished. App store is just way better right now than anything on Android. That might change in the future, who knows.

I did like the xoom camera a lot better than iPad's, but I didn't really use it that much either way.

The Xoom did smoke the iPad in web browsing and, of course, flash support, so that's definitely something in Motorola's favor.

Ipad is way cheaper, too.

I guess all in all, Xoom was awesome on the web, but with games, movies, and apps, Apple smoked it. And I liked the design of the iPad way more.

It's totally subjective. You might value Flash over anything else, so Xoom might work. But I do a lot of games and a spend a lot of time in iBooks for text-book reading, and some PDF annotation apps, and iPad's a lot easier to use in those departments.

I don't know anything about the Tab, so I can't comment on that.

First off let me say that I'm biased against Apple. I hate the way they do business and I cant stand itunes. That's why I didn't bother wait for the iPad 2 and went ahead and grabbed a xoom.

When my brother picked it up, we spent a ton of time comparing. I'd even take his iPad to class and he'd take my xoom for a couple of days at a time.

What I saw was that the iPad 2 is way lighter and thinner, it really makes a difference.

I didn't like that the xoom had touch buttons scattered all over the place, in all four corners, where the iPad was really easy to just operate. (I'm not that much of a geek, and the iPad just looks prettier, button wise. I'm not into the whole Tron look either.)

I also liked the keyboard on the ipad better, although the xoom is pretty good too.

Gaming was faster and smoother on the iPad 2, for some reason. I know xoom has more RAM, but it was just smoother on the Apple.

I don't like the lack of tablet-specific apps on Android at this point. Apple has way more, and they're very polished. App store is just way better right now than anything on Android. That might change in the future, who knows.

I did like the xoom camera a lot better than iPad's, but I didn't really use it that much either way.

The Xoom did smoke the iPad in web browsing and, of course, flash support, so that's definitely something in Motorola's favor.

Ipad is way cheaper, too.

I guess all in all, Xoom was awesome on the web, but with games, movies, and apps, Apple smoked it. And I liked the design of the iPad way more.

It's totally subjective. You might value Flash over anything else, so Xoom might work. But I do a lot of games and a spend a lot of time in iBooks for text-book reading, and some PDF annotation apps, and iPad's a lot easier to use in those departments.

I don't know anything about the Tab, so I can't comment on that.

Thank you!!!

It seems the Webtop capability will also be included with the Bionic, however, I cannot find the answer to this question: can a Webtop capable phone connect to a normal laptop, display on the laptop's screen, and be controlled by the laptop's keyboard and touchpad?

I know this sounds super obvious, but the Motorola info jury makes vainglorious promises, and the user videos I've found don't address this.

Thank you,

Matt

You will not be able to do this with a laptop. The HDMI port on a laptop is an output, not an input.

I'm not so sure about this analysis - a lot depends upon the viability ofhte in-house developed LTE Radio (aka chip) from Motorola - we might find that hte radio developed in house is actually better longevity (in terms of fully functional after a full 2 years of being hooked up to an OCd processor, not battery life), battery consumption, and a whole slew of other factors (or, as the case may be, only better at a select few of those factors, or evne just a single one, or not better at all - it's a crapshoot at this point).

I've got 3 upgrades - one is going on the DROID Bionic. The next ones will be up to my whims and my monetary situation.

Thank you,

Matt

If you can find a laptop that allows for HDMI input, or else a device that acts as the interface between the Bionic and the laptop to simulate the currently offered dock thingy, sure - bu that will be hard to do.

You will not be able to do this with a laptop. The HDMI port on a laptop is an output, not an input.

Most laptops - I am reasonably sure I saw at least one that allowed for external input - it may have been for video editing, but still.

Back
Top Bottom