• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

droid Eris checkin service....*#*#checkin#*#*

So I did my routine checkin cause Im itching for this update and in my status bar it says this Java.lang.NullPointerException . Anybody have any idea what this might mean?
This is my first thread so please be nice thanks to all you Eris owners

That is a standard java error when a variable is initialized without a value set then called... I dunno why it said it... reboot the phone maybe?

I get some random errors sometimes, but mostly it just says "success".

I'm convinced that the checkin is useless and will not make a difference.

I get some random errors sometimes, but mostly it just says "success".

I'm convinced that the checkin is useless and will not make a difference.

Yea me too. I just was wondering why it said that and it does say checkin success but I've never seen that before

My theory and understanding from what I've heard and read is that if you are in fact in the queue to be flashed the OTA, it would get it to your phone faster since (I'm speculating here) your phone isn't "checking in" very often, maybe once or twice a day. So in theory you are forcing it to check in more than usual and as a result, would get the OTA faster, maybe by a few hours.

But of course, If your phone hasn't been selected yet... you're out of luck til the next day most likely.

Back
Top Bottom