• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Fan/with a story to tell

Hello all,
My name is Christopher. I have been a droid owner for 6 months. I have owned a variety of smart phones, including the 1g Iphone, the blackberries and now the droid. I must say that the moto droid is my personal favorite. However, I have had some issues with the phone and some "sub" contractors for Verizon. First off let me say that Verizon is also my favorite cellular provider, beating out ATT, sprint and alltel, that I have had in the past. I would like to warm people about the "sub contractors" that sell phones under Verizon's name, you know, the little stores you see in malls and along the road. I walked into one of these stores, not knowing that it was not a corporate Verizon store. I signed up as a new member, with a 2 year contract and chose the moto droid for my phone. Six months into my contract my droid touch screen has crippled the phone. It makes selections all by itself, even when not touching the device. It actually called my ex girl friend at 4 am the other morning. Woohoo for that call lol. Since the phone is still under the manufacturer warranty, I made a drive to the nearest Verizon store to me, I moved soon after I visited the store i purchased the device from. This store is a true Verizon operated facility. It was brought to my attention that this device was not NEW when i bought it, it was attached to another individuals account for a MONTH before i purchased it new. I then promptly returned to the store that i purchased the device from. They informed me that the phone was not used, it was just attached to another customers name,and that I only had 2 options, call the manufacturer, or file a replacement with Verizon, and in both situations, I would be given a refurbished device. I then told them, that i was entitled to a new phone, since i paid NEW PHONE PRICE! They dismissed me and refused to see the ethical problems with giving a new customer a USED phone, after he paid for a NEW phone! Like I said before, corporate version told me that this phone was attached to a customers account for a month, am i supposed to believe that this phone is considered NEW! I promptly called the regional manager of Verizon, after a little discussion, he will be giving a BRAND NEW PHONE, even if it has to be a Droid x, or droid 2, this Friday! SO, everybody, please send your business to a TRUE Verizon store, these sub sellers have proved not to be trustworthy, in my personal opinion!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones