• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid just seems Dang Slow

ccsoccer03

I'm baffled. I've been rooting phones and such for quite a while. My GF has a moto droid. I have it rooted with cm7 and a custom kernel. (Pete's v.03). I have it overclocked to 1100MHZ and it just is really sluggish. Now I come from a droid X, so I know I'm used to better, but I mean... does this thing just not have enough ram or what? I even have super Charge on it set to 256HP. I feel like I've tried everything. The only thing I haven't done is sbf it. I've factory Wiped, and installed the latest nightly. I'm curious if CM6 Stable is truly better for the moto Droid than the bleeding edge Gingerbread?

How much space is free on the on-board storage?
I'm running CM7 with stock kernel and it runs nicely here. However I have been having more problems with the camera software not wanting to run right (I think it's a RAM hog). A reboot fixes that.
But, in order to run smoothly it really seems like I need to have 80 to 100 MB free of storage for the system to use as virtual RAM (not called that in the settings, but that's what I've understood it as). Running at 800 MHz too.

I may try out CM6 again and see how that goes, but honestly I like CM7 GB more. However...there is that one thing...if it won't work, doesn't really matter what it is running :p (case in point - G1 running ICS)

I'm curious on others' experiences too though since I'm going to try to turn my Droid into a GPS after I upgrade if I can. NavFree downloads maps ahead of time, so as long as the antenna works without cell signal for locating I have hope :)

Back
Top Bottom