• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Turbo Dialing Wrong? Tones wrong?

Sorry if this is/has already been discussed - I couldn't find anything about it.

I called card services to activate a new card and was prompted to enter card numbers and then press #.
Did this 6 different times and each time was told that either: I was putting too many numbers in or wrong numbers in. This has happened once before and I cannot remember for what but I was entering numbers and was told they were the wrong numbers.

Now I know what you might be thinking here but I did do it six different times and the last three times I really paid attention to what I was doing and sure enough the numbers entered matched perfectly with the numbers on the card.

I ended up having to call my bank get them to activate the card for me then add my daughters phone to my list so that I could use her phone to change my PIN.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and possibly found a reason/cure?

Were you by any chance calling from a car? I just had a similar experience using an automated phone system from my car. It kept complaining that my numbers were too short/too long/too Klingon until I realized that the bluetooth interface with my car was what was screwing it up. I detached from bluetooth and used the old-fashioned phone to my ear in a car (how quaint!) and all was well. I guess bluetooth somehow screws up the signal and drops/adds digits.

Back
Top Bottom