• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Turbo power button not working - how to turn it on?

sant9204

Lurker
My power button has water damage (voids Verizon warranty) and it doesn't work, but my phone is still fully functional. It turned off once but I was able to get it back on by charging it (battery was really low). This time it turned off by itself and I can't get it back on. I can get to the bootloader screen but can't select 'Start' because it can only be selected with the power button. Is there anything I can do? I'm pretty sure I turned on debugging mode but whenever I run ADB it says no device is found. Please help me.

Is it possible to pop the button out, like the volume keys? Maybe look into that and be able to hit it with a pin or something

The only thing that I can think of is if you can get it powered off and can get a wireless charger, the Qi charger will actually do a normal power on of the device in order to charge.

The only thing that I can think of is if you can get it powered off and can get a wireless charger, the Qi charger will actually do a normal power on of the device in order to charge.

That would be perfect, thanks! I'll try it out for sure

Has anyone successfully used a Qi charger to power on a dead Turbo? My power button is also broken. I don't have a Qi charger, but I will find one if this actually works!

You could also try a spritz of the spray used to clean electrical contacts. Radioshack or other electronic supply stores (like Fry's or even Home Depot) should sell small cans of those. If you want to try, do not spray directly the power switch on the phone. Spray a little amount in a small container, then dip a toothpick in it to pick up a little and drop it in the narrow spaces between the power button and the case, so that it sips inside. Keep the phone so that the liquid does not go toward the screen. This kind of cleaner is safe on plastic and electronics (they evaporate without leaving residue) but I am not sure what they would do if they touch the screen from the inside.

I have used such cleaner on many kind of electronic equipment and never had issues, however I have never used it on a phone, so try it at your own risk :)

Back
Top Bottom