• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Turbo Turning off and on/ broken screen

So I have a droid turbo and I cracked the screen on it, I called 3 days ago to set up a claim with the droid turbo screen assurance policy, so a new phone is on its way. But of course with my luck, I dropped the phone again today, and now the screen wont turn on and the phone keeps turning off and on. I feel the phone vibrate and then hear the sound it makes when it turns on... Then about 10-15 seconds later it does it again. I have a bad feeling that if I send this phone in when I get the replacement that they wont accept it and I will either have to send it back or worse, they charge me full price for the phone right away. So what I am wondering is if it would be worth it to spend the $180 on a replacement screen and replace it? Im hoping that its just turning off and on because of the screen being broken, but then again I dont want to buy a new screen, install it, and then find out that my phone is bricked anyways... Anyone have any ideas?

2 things:

#1: Can you say Otterbox?

#2: Wait for the replacement, send in your device and hope for the best. My guess is that you will be fine.

I lied.

#3: What is Druid Turbo Screen Assurance Policy? And, no, I don't want to Google it.

Good luck.

I know this thread is old, but I'm having the same exact issue right now. I really don't want to send in my phone, I'd rather fix it myself, but what's the cause of the screen turning off and on constantly? I really need to get some of the material off my phone, it's very important that I do so.

Welcome to Android Forums.

Did you drop it?
Did you get it wet?
Did you maybe have it in the bathroom when you took a steamy shower?
Is it in a case? (Remove it.))
Are your hands near it when it turns off? (Faulty proximity sensor.)

... Thom

It was dropped. Didn't get wet. No case. It can be in the other room and it still does it. Also, the key itself functions properly, the phone just keeps turning off and on until it dies. LCD is cracked, so there's no display.

It is a very sophisticated computer that got physically damaged. You assume it is only damaged with a cracked screen. It is highly likely that the shock also damaged other hardware.

The only way to get the data off that I can think of would be to take it to a reputable repair facility and have them try and correct it. You could also try this yourself.

This will void your warranty and you will be responsible for the total cost of replacement/repair.

The hard truth is that nothing should ever be stored on it that you don't want to be in the hands of your worst enemy and anything stored on it that you care about should be backed up to another device.

... Thom

Back
Top Bottom