• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid Wall & No Ads

I have installed Droid Wall & AdFree applications on my phone and both are not working properly. My phone is rooted and I have given that superuser access.

How should I make them work?

Thanks in advance

My phone's android version is 2.3.6
Build Number :- 6.5.1-167_SPU-15-m2
System Version :- 651.167.19.XT910.Retail.en.Eu

Looks like it may be an option in adfree, I'm not rooted now.

AdFree Android does not run continuously in order to block ads. You run AdFree Android once and potentially never run it again. The only times you need to re-run AdFree Android is if you want to update your hosts file with the latest entries or if you want to undo the ad blocking. (Take note that if you chose for AdFree Android to automatically update the hosts file daily - this is an option in the app - then AdFree Android will occasionally run automatically to update the hosts file. It will close after it does its work.)
[Android] Best free advertisement blocker | dotTech

Upvote 0
sorry i got lost on that one, forgot i had left this thread hanging. adfree has an option to update the host file so you are on the latest version. the ads are sent from several hosts and they change occasionally to thwart ad blockers. open adfree and it usually will check whether your host files are up to date. if there is an update found, choose "download host" and it will update

Upvote 0
sorry i got lost on that one, forgot i had left this thread hanging. adfree has an option to update the host file so you are on the latest version. the ads are sent from several hosts and they change occasionally to thwart ad blockers. open adfree and it usually will check whether your host files are up to date. if there is an update found, choose "download host" and it will update
Adfree has started working. Thanks :)
Can you help me with Droid Wall also?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones