• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help droid x - google voice voicemail doesn't work within a call?

thephased

Hi there. I've been using google voice for a few months. I don't really talk on the phone that much, but yesterday I was on the droid x during a call and I received a voicemail from someone during the call and it had the verizon voicemail loop logo in the notification window.

I dialed *86 and there was a new voicemail and once I deleted it the notification went away.

Why doesn't google voice voicemail work during an existing call and is my phone routing people to my verizon voicemail box instead? Google voice routes people to my google voice VM box correctly when I'm not on a phone call. hm.

When i tried to deactivate google voice and reactivate it on my phone by removing google voice as voicemail and dialing to deactivate the phone and then reactivate it and re-setup google voice, my droid x gets stuck at "reading settings" and it just hangs there. I have to turn the phone off then back on and it seems to go away, but the problem of calls being routed to the vzw voicemail still exist when I'm within an existing call.

Anyone have this similar experience or know how to help?

Any advice would be awesome!
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom