• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X2 Battery Drain

Rmont11b

Lurker
Hello everyone,

Like my title suggests, my Droid X2 has been having horrible battery problems. I installed a battery widget to better monitor what is happening. And here's a quick down and dirty on my battery. Charges over night to 100%. Unplug and it remains between 100-90% for a couple hours or so in my pocket. Once it reaches 90% battery, it falls off completely and drops 6% every 10 minutes until it hits 15%. Then it gets slightly better and will last maybe another hour between 15% and dead.

Any suggestions?

There are a couple of things to consider. Are you on stock or a custom rom? How is the network coverage in your area? If your phone is spending a lot of time searching for a signal it can drain battery quickly. You can try dialing *228 and select option 2 to update your PRL. Are there any widgets you have that may be data hungry? With cyanogen mod 7 rom installed I can get through a day and a half of average use, light browsing, emails pushed every 3 hours, and a few calls. That also includes Facebook and twitter widgets updating every hour. So if you don't have any of these issues it might be a battery issue. Let me know!

Juice Defender is probably the best app to help with battery life, although I have not had to use it on Eclipse or CM7.

so many things affect battery life
signal, what's running, rom, calls, email,
apps like facebook can really eat power
Juice Defender may help, depends on the user, and what is using power
I only get 24 hours or less on a extended battery, but get poor reception much of the day, very few calls, several emails, couple of texts, and some web

Back