• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped phone, now bottom capacitive buttons don't work

shiggity

I accidentally dropped my phone today from about 2.5 feet. It has a semi-hard shell case around it which helped it some, but not enough since my home, menu, back, and search buttons don't respond.

They light up when the phone is on, but do not respond when I touch them.

I've restarted, taken battery out, etc and it's still not working. I'm guessing I did something to it.

Is there anything else I can do before I send it in for repairs?

edit: I ran the button test *#*#3424#*#* and the 3 bottom buttons don't do anything which would indicate it's messed up.

FSCK ME.

take it to a Sprint store if your lucky they might replace it for $30, worth a shot, or try calling customer service and tell them what happened, they might sent you one for the same price.

take it to a Sprint store if your lucky they might replace it for $30, worth a shot, or try calling customer service and tell them what happened, they might sent you one for the same price.

Thanks for the reply. I might just have to stop by a sprint store and see what they can do.

Hope I don't have to pay too much. I've found a temporary semi-fix which is to use "button savior" app.

:mad::mad::mad::mad: I just took mine to a sprint store today for the same reason. I have the TEP insurance, and it was free, but was a total HACK job. :mad::mad::mad: They replaced my screen with a used screen from another EVO 3D. It has about a thousand micro scratches, chips in the gorilla glass, dead pixels and the back side of the glass, or perhaps the display itself was cleaned with a dirty wet rag, and the residue was left sandwiched between the layers! It looks just like a car windshield when only the inside of the window was cleaned! What a JOKE!!! Also, the screen is already coming unglued, or however they put it in! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have asked for another screen, and was told they will call me when it comes in. I guess they don't have a lot of screens in stock anymore for the 3D.

While I am grateful to have a working phone, I am bummed to have to go back a second time and wait another 2 hours.....

Good luck!

I would call customer service, and demand to speak to Account Services, tell them you are not happy with the service, and explain exactly what they did at the Store, I bet you they will send you another phone, report back.

When I want anything, I don't waist my time going to a Sprint store anymore, Account Services 9 out of 10 resolve my issue fast and efficient.

:mad::mad::mad::mad: I just took mine to a sprint store today for the same reason. I have the TEP insurance, and it was free, but was a total HACK job. :mad::mad::mad: They replaced my screen with a used screen from another EVO 3D. It has about a thousand micro scratches, chips in the gorilla glass, dead pixels and the back side of the glass, or perhaps the display itself was cleaned with a dirty wet rag, and the residue was left sandwiched between the layers! It looks just like a car windshield when only the inside of the window was cleaned! What a JOKE!!! Also, the screen is already coming unglued, or however they put it in! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have asked for another screen, and was told they will call me when it comes in. I guess they don't have a lot of screens in stock anymore for the 3D.

While I am grateful to have a working phone, I am bummed to have to go back a second time and wait another 2 hours.....

Good luck!

Good luck!

Thanks.

So I took my phone in this morning, dropped it off, and then picked it up around lunch time. They said they didn't have any EVO 3D parts in stock so they ended up replacing the phone w/ a sprint certified phone. It looks pretty much brand new, clean, no scratches, still smells new. Only cost $35+tax so I'm happy about that.

Yep, told you, worth it.

Thanks.

So I took my phone in this morning, dropped it off, and then picked it up around lunch time. They said they didn't have any EVO 3D parts in stock so they ended up replacing the phone w/ a sprint certified phone. It looks pretty much brand new, clean, no scratches, still smells new. Only cost $35+tax so I'm happy about that.

Back
Top Bottom