• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dual Sim phones..

sachertorte

In the last days, I had a recurrance of a texting issue. Every now and again, if someone sends me text messages and my phone is off, I don't get them. I have to call in to AT&T, then they do something. It even requires me to be off of my phone and on another voice connection with them while they fix the issue. I started to talk with the tech guy, asking him if many calls came in from folding phone users, then I tell him about how my Fold Four died, and that if it had not died suddenly, forcing me to get something that day, I would have tried a dual sim phone. He said "I can fix that. We can put AT&T on the E Sim and you can remove the Sim card so that you can use a local Sim card when traveling". I was hesitant at first because I was having a real issue at that time. We fixed the text issue and I asked him if I would notice any big changes if I do that, and he said "no", and that it was easy to change. I figured "why not", so I had him do it and so far, everything is normal. I think that in the next day or so I am going to try to go to T-Mobile and see if they can set me up with some prepaid service that I can get a Sim card for, then try using it in Dual sim mode. I would like to consider it a test run to figure out if it works well and how I need to do it, before I go on vacation. I found his approach interesting and I never considered that was an option.

Danny

i had a sim card and an esim on my z fold 4. one was t-mobile(sm card) and the other was from verizon(esim). i was in the middle of switching employers and they had different carriers. it worked great. i could easily switch my phone from sim card to esim easy with the sim manager found in the phone's settings.

i had a sim card and an esim on my z fold 4. one was t-mobile(sm card) and the other was from verizon(esim). i was in the middle of switching employers and they had different carriers. it worked great. i could easily switch my phone from sim card to esim easy with the sim manager found in the phone's settings.
You are exactly correct. I only had trouble inserting the SIM card in the tray. I took the tray to T Mobile and they put it in. Setup was simple and minimal. There were no issues connecting with email or other apps when using either SIM card and the phone looks and operates just like before, only with the ability to switch services with the simple to use SIM Manager. Now I feel ready for my trip.

Thanks all,

Danny

Back
Top Bottom