• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Duplicate contacts

nggomez60

Feb 19, 2010
Hi all,
I recently upgraded to 2.1 and have some issues with my contact list. I have all my contacts still, but whether it be the facebook app or the 2.1 upgrade, I now have multiple copies of each contact. Within each contact it has the persons number as well as their "main" number which is the same thing just duplicate, and when I go to add a contact for a text or for calling someone, some contacts show up with all their numbers (home, business, etc) 4 or 5 times. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

I had this problem and managed to fix it in the people section of my contacts my deleting my contacts from my phone and resynching with google and facebook. However I still have the issue in messages and email where all contacts including facebook friends show up multiple times and have no idea how to fix it. I am a newbee so any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
First, if these are Google contacts, I'd suggest going into gmail on a desktop/laptop browser, click the "contacts" link, and then click the button to the right "find duplicates" That should help with Google contacts.

I think that as you open up Google contacts that you know should link with Facebook contacts, there is a "link" control in the upper right, next to the contact name, where you can control which phone/Google contact links with your Facebook contacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones