• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Duplicate Gmail Accounts

My Razr Maxx is driving me nuts with email notifications. Every time I have a network inturruption I get about 6 email notifications for incoming mail that was deleted earlier. Sometimes it will do this every 10 seconds like it's in a loop.
I have tried everything and finally created another gmail account with the same address( suprised it let me do that). Now I have (2) identical gmail accounts and every time I try to delete the original, I get the invalid credentials error.

I would try deleting BOTH email accts, then "clear defaults" and "clear cache" in the email app, and start over.
that is actually a very good idea
but it helps if you clear the system cache too..whenever the ics starts screwin around...clear the cache and it will become the good kid again

Upvote 0
Are you using the same gmail account as the one that is registered to the phone?

Did you clear defaults and cache on the email app, and/or clear the android cache partition as was mentioned above?

Have you soft reset the phone? (vol down and power at same time)

I have done all of the above and I guess a factory reset is the only way I will ever get gmail working right again. I suspect something got glitched when I upgraded to ICS since it was working fine until that point.
The irony is that I have changed my gmail password online and it is still somehow getting into my account but will not let me into same on phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones