• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Durable case that doesn't obstruct fingerprint scanner?

DJ_Spectre

Lurker
Aug 27, 2014
Hi guys,

I have the S5 LTE-A G906S and am absolutely loving it so far. The OS is somehow starting to lag a tiny bit which is a bit pissing off but I'm just going to get Cyanogen Mod on it after a year, just to punch Obsolescence in the face :)

Anyway I got a durable case for it (Otterbox commuter) and was pretty disappointed to find that it massively affects the fingerprint scanner via the lip over the bottom edge of the screen. One of those things I should have anticipated I guess but hindsight etc

So my question is, does anyone know of any nice and durable phone cases for the S5 that don't have a lip that affects the scanner?

Cheers

With my CandyShell case, the edge of it does not get close enough to the Home Key, er, uh, scanner button to even be an issue.

The scanner works just fine... I decided to forgo the security of the scanner and went back to just a Draw a Pattern.... Why? I work outside around heavy equipment and clean fingers just don't exist. But, I can draw pattern in a flash and use the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones