• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dust under screen

notserpmh

I have been getting more and more dust under my screen (not under the screen protector, I have removed both of them, under the glass). I had my phone in an Amzer case from Amazon for a while and lately have been keeping it without a case. I wear jeans most of the time and generally keep the phone in my pocket, which is where I assume most of the dust is coming from (this isn't the first time I have had a phone get dust under the screen).

For the longest time, I could only see it when the screen was off, but there is starting to be enough that I can see it when the screen is on (especially on black screens). So I am hear to ask your advice. I see three courses of action:

1. Deal with it and leave things alone.

2. Try to see if VM will replace it (got it on Black Friday 2011, still under warranty).

3. Take it apart myself and clean it out (I have done this with other phones successfully, but never tried this one).

In general, I like my MT and mine seems to work better than a lot of other posters, so I am hesitant to try to get it fixed under warranty with the fear I might get a worse one back. Does anyone have a tear-down guide for this phone that I might could try to get an idea of how hard that would be?

Thanks for your help.

Same problem i had, easiest way to tell VM they will give you one, thats what i did

And never take your phone apart haha its a bad idea

I guess I'll risk a replacement. I just have a decent MT and from a lot of the posts I see they all seem to basically say "if you find a decent one hold on tight". I would hate to trade mine in for something, while annoying, I could live with only to end up being one of the ones that has 5 trade ins or whatever to my name.

That said, I am hoping for another big black Friday sale where I can get the Evo for a decent discount like I did my Triumph then it won't even matter anymore.

i would go off the old "if it aint broke dont fix it" lol cause thru Vm you probly got a 50/50 of getting a refurb phone which may be fine, or it may end up having issues

not to mention even if you did get a refurb or a new one it would just get dust under the screen like this one, i believe its just a flaw in the design

cause dust is tiny little particles that really cant be stopped completely, and tend to bunch up in areas and the phone has plenty of entry points, headphone plug, micro-usb, micro hdmi, at the bottom of the screen where the soft keys are there is a small gap with almost what looks like a ramp going right underneath it, and the biggest area in my opinion, the back of the phone, if the backplate were to come off in your pocket or whatnot, when the back plates off you can see there are a bunch of areas that are open that go directly into the phone

Back
Top Bottom