• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DX2 dropped 3G after WiFi

bigbadwulff

Android Expert
My kid's DX2 lost 3G after being on WiFi. Tried all the usual things(Quick settings, cycle thru Airplane mode, turn phone on and off, pull the battery, make sure all the right things were "checked"). Went thru tech support and even upper level tech support. No help. Tried all the usual stuff with no help. Was talking to them on my DX so there was signal. Finally gave up with the option of factory reset. Didn't do that. Drove to work, looked at the DX2 and it had 3G signal......huh?
Maybe it just couldn't connect to that tower near home for some reason, although my phone worked on it?
Side note: We do regular *228 all the time and recently enabled "data roaming" to cure the dreaded dropped 3G problem.....which works by the way!!

hey bud, i moved your post to the DX2 forums, you will find a better answer here, even though the DX and DX2 are the same phone (in a way)

if you performed a factory reset, and are now getting signal there is no way we can test it further.

my sister has a charge and she lost complete 3G and 4G signal, the only thing we could do to get it back was factory data reset.

now if your phone doesnt acquire the signal at your house, but does elsewhere, something else may be at play here internally. meaning your tower may be further away, and the closer you get to work the stronger the signal is to the DX2.

just a suggestion anyway

I did not do factory reset. It just connected all by itself......somehow. Anyway all is fine now. Just kinda goofy but that is a smartphone for ya.
Messing with the DX2 I can't believe how much faster and smoother it is than my DX. And to those that say the screen is worse.....I see absolutely no difference.

I just got a nib droid x2 today, i had the same problem after on wifi, here is what i did to get 3g back on. Main screen, menu, settings, battery & data manager, data delivery. Click on background and data enabled.

Let me know how it works.

My observation is that the phone will not connect to 3g when connected to wifi. 3g is a data network and no need to connect to it when you are already connected to wifi. If that is the case here, try turning off your wifi connection and see if it then shows a 3g connection.

My observation is that the phone will not connect to 3g when connected to wifi. 3g is a data network and no need to connect to it when you are already connected to wifi. If that is the case here, try turning off your wifi connection and see if it then shows a 3g connection.

MMS will not work over Wifi. I can't say that the phone will connect to both 3G and Wifi at the same time, but there are circumstances that would require 3G even if you're already connected to Wifi.

That may be the case, but once it has an IP address via wifi, it's not going to get another via 3g.
MMS will not work over Wifi. I can't say that the phone will connect to both 3G and Wifi at the same time, but there are circumstances that would require 3G even if you're already connected to Wifi.

Back