• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

E-Bikes

Once again I had a full schedule to mow today and all of the lawns were in dire need of my services. The grass had nearly stopped growing and then the temperature dropped close to twenty degrees daily and we had some slow rains that soaked into the ground. Between the two, the grass has gone crazy. It can't keep this up for long because the light cycle is far less than a month ago. Right now, it is taking a lot more time to mow. That gets me on my bike later in the afternoon. I got in a good ride in spite of the grass. I rode up my best battery and logged 42 miles. It was a bit warm riding today. If I stopped riding, I would break into a sweat. Perfect weather for a bike ride.

I talked to my buddy that bought my original RCS bike today. He is a year older than me and was a very heavy cigarette smoker most all of his life. It took quite a toll on his lungs and he struggles for air when he exerts himself riding. He is still riding but is riding less as time passes. The humid air, which we've had most all summer, is particularly difficult for him to handle. He is blown away at the miles I have put on my bike. Really blown away on days that I ride 100+ miles. Being as I have to change batteries, I have no idea how many miles I could ride if I didn't have to stop.
I guess I'm fortunate that I don't struggle for air. Even though he struggles, I think he has logged over 500 miles in the two years of riding the bike. That's likely the typical mileage for the occasional rider. My son, who loves his RCS, has less than a thousand miles on his 2019 bike. Unless you are an addict, you ride when it's perfect weather and you have nothing better to do.
 
It was almost hot this afternoon. My station topped out at 90°. It really felt great while riding. I saw a couple of walkers and a jogger and one cyclist while riding on the sidewalk. I enjoyed my ride which drained my best battery. I failed to take note of the odometer, but I would guess that I rode a bit over 40 miles. The bike is running good and no sign of anything wrong with it. I hope it remains that way.
 
Back
Top Bottom