• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help E-Mail not clearing deleted Bin files?

Willabong

My E-Mail account has several addresses, MSN/GMail/Yahoo/SKY. I use them all.
This is the standard E-Mail APP that comes ready installed on the Galaxy 2 10.1 Tab.
My problem is that when I clear my E-Mails from each address by deleting them, the Trash folder still shows 16 e-mails in it's folder. When I look in the folder, there are no e-mails in there, they have all been deleted?

So how do I get my Trash folder to correctly show 0 e-mails instead of 16 ?

Thanks in advance for any help!

To me it sounds as if the mailbox "refresh" is not linked in one of the accounts to act on delete. When you actively go into the delete "bin" you refresh the screen and the bin goes empty.

Spikes

To me it sounds as if the mailbox "refresh" is not linked in one of the accounts to act on delete. When you actively go into the delete "bin" you refresh the screen and the bin goes empty.

Spikes

You may have to go to the individual account settings and check/select delete "deleted mail" on exit, or similar in each.

S

Tried deleting files from each account in turn, all of them show empty.....But the main Bin still shows 16 files even though it is also empty?

Tried deleting files from each account in turn, all of them show empty.....But the main Bin still shows 16 files even though it is also empty?

Please see the attachment this is for MS Outlook 2007 but gmail has a similar option. It must be ticked to remove deleted mail from the mail server associated with that account. As you will see, I have the option selected to remove after 10 days. If the delete from server is selected, deleting mail from tablet or smartphone removes it from the server permanently

Spikes

Attachments

Found the problem, it is with Yahoo Mail.....The 16 phantom e-mails are associated with that account!
I will try and find the settings and see if there is a way of correcting this!

Back
Top Bottom