• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help E-mail synch problems following S6 upgrade to Marshmallow

My Galaxy S6 auto updated to marshmallow over the weekend. Since then my Hotmail e-mails no longer auto-synch, I have to manually update. I have tried:-
1. checking that auto-synch is turned on for both the e-mail app and the phone. Tried turning it off and on a few times which is often suggested as a solution
2. deleting the account from mobile devices settings in Outlook for Web and restarting phone (with a cache wipe)
3. removing and re-adding the Hotmail account to the default e-mail app.
4. removing the account from default app, downloading Outlook app and using that.
5. Tried 2 again having done 4 for the new mobile device account.

I only have the 1 e-mail account running so no clashes with other accounts. Nothing is working. I have to manually check for new e-mails. The new Outlook app always flashes up an "unable to connect" message before pulling down the new e-mails.

E-mail worked just fine prior to the system upgrade. Any other solutions I should try?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones