• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help -Earbuds not working properly on 1 phone only

ZataraTMM

Lurker
Mar 12, 2022
Hello, I been trying to fix my bluetooth earbuds. Calls work fine but media doesn't, and makes youtube/etc freeze up. I have tried fixing it with BTmono but the quality is really bad. Weird thing is, this only happens on my other phone, Galaxy A72. I tried it on my note 10 and it worked fine, i also tried it on my brothers phone, which is an older phone than the A72 and it worked fine. I tried doing a reset on the headphones still the same, works on other phones just not on the A72, it needs BTMono to fix it which means bad audio quality. Anyone know a fix for this?

i have tried the volume up, etc, and going into the earbud settings enabling "media" and "calls", they're both enabled, but when i turn off media, headphones just tell me "disconnected"

Hello, I been trying to fix my bluetooth earbuds. Calls work fine but media doesn't, and makes youtube/etc freeze up. I have tried fixing it with BTmono but the quality is really bad. Weird thing is, this only happens on my other phone, Galaxy A72. I tried it on my note 10 and it worked fine, i also tried it on my brothers phone, which is an older phone than the A72 and it worked fine. I tried doing a reset on the headphones still the same, works on other phones just not on the A72, it needs BTMono to fix it which means bad audio quality. Anyone know a fix for this?

i have tried the volume up, etc, and going into the earbud settings enabling "media" and "calls", they're both enabled, but when i turn off media, headphones just tell me "disconnected"
Did you scan for a r-hearing aid adaptor all by itself? :) See if you can find another ear bud, I always get that problem, but when I did search for it on Phonax it said about see if appears if there is a third adaptor - that one controls your media and cell calls.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Have you tried deleting the Bluetooth entry for these earbuds and then paired them up to your phone again?
You might want to try deleting the Bluetooth entry, then try pairing up just one (powering off the other or leaving it in its case), then switch the earbuds to see if media audio will work with either one again. Then try connecting both of them and see what happens.

(Regarding mono, when set to mono it's not a matter where there's only one earbud receiving an audio signal so that's not a viable workaround. With stereophonic, the right and left channels can be different from each other -- i.e. some instruments using primarily the left channel while some other instruments using primarily the right channel. With monophonic, both the right and left channels continue to receive an audio signal, it's just the same as there is no stereo separation. Or in other words, a stereo signal will involve different sounds in the left and in the right channels while a mono signal involves the right and the left channels just being duplicates.)

Also, have you just restarted your A72? You referred to resetting your earbuds but a phone reboot fixes a lot of one-off glitches.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones