• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Earpiece stopped working...

Hollaback12786

So like the title says, my earpiece doesn't make any sound when I call out or get a call in, it worked a couple hours ago but now it doesn't. I made a call on my break at work and didn't touch my phone for hours after....I've tried different roms, checking settings and whatnot, when I try to call someone the phone does its little vibrate and that's when it usually starts ringing, when i hang up it still makes the beep out of the earpiece so idk wtf is going on.

P.s. my month isn't up until the 11th and there's money in my account...

Edit: wasn't the earpiece at all :D but unfortunately it's a service outage that VM is currently having :(

So like the title says, my earpiece doesn't make any sound when I call out or get a call in, it worked a couple hours ago but now it doesn't. I made a call on my break at work and didn't touch my phone for hours after....I've tried different roms, checking settings and whatnot, when I try to call someone the phone does its little vibrate and that's when it usually starts ringing, when i hang up it still makes the beep out of the earpiece so idk wtf is going on.

P.s. my month isn't up until the 11th and there's money in my account...

Sounds like whats going on with me, but its some kinda voice service outage, I can get incoming but can not call out phones just DEAD silent but does the lil vibrate and beep like you said
I have 4 phones all doin same thing, they can receive incoming but when I call from landline it rings 1 time then silent for 15 sec and then it will start ringing and connect,
I called vm and they said there having issues and took me awhile just to get a rep on phone,
read of someone else having no voice service as well in ,the no service tonight thread
I was just thinking of doing S-Off but i may wait till my service is back

Yup you are correct, its a service outage. My girlfriend has vm but a "dumb" phone and I tried calling from a house phone and it took almost 30 seconds to start ringing, then continued to ring for longer than normal and voicemail finally picked up, I tried once more a little while later and got a message about temporary service issues :(

Back
Top Bottom