• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Earpiece that plays nice with this phone?

codezer0

Android Expert
Jan 23, 2013
Arizona
Alright, so... simply put, I have a Jabra Style that works perfectly fine, loud, and clear, on my old SM-N900 note 3. However, I'd since retired that phone in favor of this Moto X Pure. And what I find is that as i listed in this thread, it's like the phone just actively kills the volume to it. And with no volume controls on the earpiece itself, I'm basically at its mercy. The volume is a problem for not only listening to YouTube or any media, but for navigation; I liked being able to have the navigation directions loud and clear, so I could discern them from say having a conversation with my fiancee as we ride in the car together. As it is now, with this earpiece and this phone, I can't hear the navigation even above the ambient engine note. And that's terrible.

Since I can't seem to find any freaking solutions for this short of buying another earpiece, I'm wondering if there's even a solution out there that will effectively solve this problem. The big constraint for me, though, is... more often than not, i HATE things that go in the ear. More often than not, I find that they end up being painful to wear. If anything, I'm surprised that the in-ear part that comes with the Jabra style is relatively comfortable, but it probably helps that its support and anchoring is soft on the inside.

Right now I'm just trying to get some ideas to figure out what to do...

I am completely SOLD on my Jabra Revo Wireless Headset. It's bluetooth, it's over the ear and not in the ear and all the main controls are touch controls. Swipe the finger for volume, tap to skip or repeat songs. Center button places or ends calls. Not sure if you're looking for wired or wireless, but these things are absolute gems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones