• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Easiest Rooting Method for VM Intercept 2.2

need2burn

Ok, first off, I'm sorry if this method is already on here. I'll delete this post if it is.

info: Works on Windows 7 64-bit, Permanent (but can unroot), No messing with the kernal or ROMs, One-click, easy, and it's badass.

1.Disable pdanet, easy-tether on PC and phone, as well as any other apps running (run advanced task killer).

2.Grab these files: InterceptFroyoRoot v0.2.rar and unzip them in one folder.

3.Make sure you have the drivers and that USB debugging is on and the PC can recognize your phone. (duh)

3.Run START_ROOT.bat. Follow the commands, the exploit will run. This took two times to work for me, and my phone did not automatically restart. At first attempt, it gave me "read only" access errors. When it finally worked, the batch program hung after it successfully completed with no errors at the "press any key" to restart phone prompt. I manually restarted, and I have root access and it was verified with Root Check app.

4. That's it. Props to kuroyoma at sdx developers and this thread: One Click Root And Unroot For Froyo Intercept For Windows (Updated)

If you want to unroot, run START_UNROOT.bat

I have successfully deleted the Amazon mp3, Where, Google Chat, Facebook, and AirChat without any adverse effects via Titanium Backup Pro

The only strange thing is that superuser is just granting root access without prompting me to allow or not. Meh, though, I dgaf.

btw, Use at your own risk

Instead of removing the apps, could you just freeze them while you have root and then unroot?

Any other great things to do while you are rooted that are safe?

You can just freeze them and then unroot. Personally I just want the internal memory freed up as well as never having them run. Other than that, if you want a good rooted wifi tether app, Barnacle works pretty well although it isn't as fast as a wired tether. I also changed out my boot animation from that lame samsung one to an alex grey one (he does Tool's artwork) with the boot animations installer app.

So this is what i'm getting every time:

'error: device not found' when it is trying to put files on my phone. my phone is hooked up and USB debugging is on and everything. Should I mount the SD card or not mount it?

Back
Top Bottom