• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Easiest way to root GT540 running 2.1! Now EVERYONE can root!

thanks a lot brother but 1 thing more my dictionary db file is formatted from sd card & i need it, wat can i do now ?????

Sorry, I've no idea about it... :( :( :(

So I rooted my phone using this topic and installed apps2sd using the method mentioned again in this topic but, I can't find any app2sd program to transfer my apps to SD and even tried installing a new app but it went into internal memory!!! what's the problem and how can I use app2sd on my rooted phone?

Make sure you followed every steps, partitioned the SD correctly... Also, try to re-install Apps2SD... BTW, if you aren't concerned about your warranty then consider upgrading to CyanogenMod 7... It's been a long time & I forgot a lot of things about Apps2SD...

Hiya, beginner/noob here. I rooted sucessfully with z4root, but after so I'm wondering how this has benefited me as I dont see any changes to anything in the menu or settings.

Rooting gives you the right to modify the OS... You should see "Superuser" in your App Drawer...

As you are rooted, now you can uninstall bloatwares[with Titanium Backup(Must use with caution & don't remove System apps)], modify the OS(Changing the font/Boot Animation etc), install ROMs & also some apps need root access...

I also installed busybox but its the same with that. all I'm looking to do is access the hardware of the phone such as the cpu/gpu etc

thanks

Do you mean Overclocking?!

Upvote 0
Maybe just as long it doesnt get me in trouble with you :p nah, just a few hz if possible with a phone

If you want to overclock your phone, you need to flash a custom ROM which is overclockable; like Quarx Black 2.1, OpenSwift(2.2/CyanogenMod 6.1), SwiftDroid(2.3/CyanogenMod 7) etc... :D

Now, As you don't wanna get you in trouble with me :p I recommend you Install SwiftDroid, as OpenSwift has known bugs & won't get further fixes & Quarx Black 2.1 is 2.1 lolz

After Installation, Go to Settings>CyanogenMod Settings>Performance>CPU Settings>Max CPU frequency & Set your desired one(NEVER EVER go over 845MHz & to be safe and not getting you in trouble with me :p overclock upto 806MHz) |OR| Open SetCPU(if it ain't there, Install from Market) & overclock from there... And, you can't over clock the GPU...

Upvote 0
Hey guys im new to this forum and with android :)
ok i got my lg gt540 and tried to root it using several guides
i tryed this one
"
- Turn on the device and click the icon to open the phone dialler
- Enter the code '3845#*540#'
- Select the option 'Module Test', then 'Stability Test' then 'Enable Root Permission'
- You will now be prompted for a password - enter :SWIFT::GT540:
- A toast message will briefly appear saying 'OK' - your root access is now enabled!
- Reboot your device, and now when you connect via ADB, you'll see you have a root prompt (#). " but there was no enable root thing and i tryed following this one several times but always fails when i boot up titanium backup it says failed to get root access help!!1 :) thanks

Upvote 0
i tryed this one
"
- Select the option 'Module Test', then 'Stability Test' then 'Enable Root Permission'
- A toast message will briefly appear saying 'OK' - your root access is now enabled!
- Reboot your device, and now when you connect via ADB, you'll see you have a root prompt (#). " but there was no enable root thing and i tryed following this one several times but always fails when i boot up titanium backup it says failed to get root access help!!1 :) thanks

to me i dont see the enable root permiision anywhere so i skipped that part and then i used like a hundreds time the z4root but nothing either it kinda freezes on rooting it and then it restarts but i dont see anything new about it even busybox isnt installer and i use the root checker app to see if its rooted and it doesnt say anything about that my lg is rooted i dont know what more to do with this phone :( i have 2.1 update-1 on my gt540 but i dont know why im the only one with this root problem help :(

Upvote 0
to me i dont see the enable root permiision anywhere so i skipped that part and then i used like a hundreds time the z4root but nothing either it kinda freezes on rooting it and then it restarts but i dont see anything new about it even busybox isnt installer and i use the root checker app to see if its rooted and it doesnt say anything about that my lg is rooted i dont know what more to do with this phone :( i have 2.1 update-1 on my gt540 but i dont know why im the only one with this root problem help :(

Try Universal Androot... The method nightsaber mentioned is only for 1.6(Non-CPW)...

Upvote 0
i tryed this one
"

You bought your phone from Carphone Warehouse, right?! Consider updating to 2.1 & then try z4root...

Upvote 0
Many(along with me) had failed to root their GT540 running 2.1 with the previous One-Click Rooter.. Don't feel down, now we can root too! With just one-click! This one is more simple... ;)

-Enable USB Debugging Mode, Allow Mock Locations & Unknown Sources...
-Download "z4root" from the Market...
-Open the app, click the 'root' button...

You are done! After some seconds the phone will restart on it's own & yay! It's rooted! :D

***z4root has been removed from Market, check post #12 for apk***

After clicking on the button "permanent root, spinning icon remains working with the legend running exploit Obtain root access to more than 3 minutes. I expect some confirmation message?
thanks

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Just finding my way around rooting and all that stuff... hope someone can help. I have succeeded in rooting my GT540 (running 2.1) and I have installed Titanium Backup. Titanium is supposed to be able to remove that annoying Sims demo and the other crapware my provider (Orange) has installed, but it doesn't seem to work. According to the popup on Titanium, the phone should reboot twice and then the app should be gone, but what actually happens is it only reboots once.

Does anyone know what is going wrong? I don't really want to use app2sd and could really use freeing up that space.

thanks in advance

b

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Just finding my way around rooting and all that stuff... hope someone can help. I have succeeded in rooting my GT540 (running 2.1) and I have installed Titanium Backup. Titanium is supposed to be able to remove that annoying Sims demo and the other crapware my provider (Orange) has installed, but it doesn't seem to work. According to the popup on Titanium, the phone should reboot twice and then the app should be gone, but what actually happens is it only reboots once.

Does anyone know what is going wrong? I don't really want to use app2sd and could really use freeing up that space.

thanks in advance

b

Try other apps, like Uninstaller for Root

Upvote 0
hi everyone! newcomer here.
i am really a newbie on android stuffs and quite learning now because of reading from this forum.

My LG GT540 will arrive maybe in a week or so. My husband bought it in England and I will use it here in the Philippines. I am glad that androidforums is making Android easier for me to digest. Thanks!

Rooting???hmmm
at least now,things are getting clearer..

By the way, how can I unlock this phone so that I can use it here? (simlocked to orange)

Upvote 0
hi everyone! newcomer here.
i am really a newbie on android stuffs and quite learning now because of reading from this forum.

My LG GT540 will arrive maybe in a week or so. My husband bought it in England and I will use it here in the Philippines. I am glad that androidforums is making Android easier for me to digest. Thanks!

Rooting???hmmm
at least now,things are getting clearer..

By the way, how can I unlock this phone so that I can use it here? (simlocked to orange)

To unlock, your husband has to ask Orange... They will give the instructions

Reactions: sleepingangels
Upvote 0
hey i tried temrorary root...... but my market is now factory version and not updating to current version what shoul i do????? or can you give a working market apk file......

Which one is it?! This one:

1307851213-70.jpg

Or this one:

android-market-redesign.jpg

2nd one is the latest... If it's the first one, Open Market & keep it like that for sometime, it should update itself...

Reactions: biep
Upvote 0
Finally worked. After ages however :-(. Had to download superuser, busybox all apart, however Z4root said it came together. It didn't. Titanium backup needed several times of starting untill after about 10 times it finally acknowlegde the phone was rooted. I don't know WHAT I did differently but suddenly everything worked. However it was a learning process for me...I understand a lot about rooting now after reading and surching the web...Now I am backing up everything. Next thing I'll try is apps2sd and partitioning my sd card. Having a 2 gb sd card I think it soon will be not enough to store everything... this was one hell of a job for me, though my persistance didn't fail me ;-)

Upvote 0
Hi everybody !
I downloaded Z4root 1.1 from Megaupload, enabled Debug, Unknown Sources and Fictive Positions (well, probably not the real names of options, I'm French, I translated, I think you'll see what I mean) ; I installed Z4root, but when clicking on Root, the app stayed on the blue 'trying to apply root' screen...
I reboot the phone, try again unsuccessfully, donwload the .apk gived in this forum, try to install through my File Manager. The setup asks me if I want to replace the old Z4root, I click 'OK', install starts... then crashes ("L'application n'a pas

Upvote 0
Please forgive the noobishness of this question but can someone explain the process of upgrading from android 1.6 to 2.1 in south africa the update has not been made available so i cant just run the normal update method, i am guessing i need to get hold of the 2.1 "install" file and run it myself to get 2.1

This forum is for helping each other, never hesitate to ask! :D

There is a way to install 2.1 but the first question is, Do you need any specific languages!?!

Also, Just to notify you, Android 2.3.4 & 2.2 is also available but they are unofficial & will void the warranty... If you wish to update, we will try to help..

hi.finally got my gt540.now unlocked.still runnong 1.6.can i root from here?or should i update to 2.1 first?

It will unroot after the update, so update to 2.1 first then root your device...

Hi everybody !
I downloaded Z4root 1.1 from Megaupload, enabled Debug, Unknown Sources and Fictive Positions (well, probably not the real names of options, I'm French, I translated, I think you'll see what I mean) ; I installed Z4root, but when clicking on Root, the app stayed on the blue 'trying to apply root' screen...
I reboot the phone, try again unsuccessfully, donwload the .apk gived in this forum, try to install through my File Manager. The setup asks me if I want to replace the old Z4root, I click 'OK', install starts... then crashes ("L'application n'a pas

Upvote 0
Finally worked. After ages however :-(. Had to download superuser, busybox all apart, however Z4root said it came together. It didn't. Titanium backup needed several times of starting untill after about 10 times it finally acknowlegde the phone was rooted. I don't know WHAT I did differently but suddenly everything worked. However it was a learning process for me...I understand a lot about rooting now after reading and surching the web...Now I am backing up everything. Next thing I'll try is apps2sd and partitioning my sd card. Having a 2 gb sd card I think it soon will be not enough to store everything... this was one hell of a job for me, though my persistance didn't fail me ;-)

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones