• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Easy root

Yes, Framaroot works on bone stock out of the box and all the updates including the last 6 MB update for 4.2.2. I can confirm this. Root will be lost after each update, so you will have to run the app after each one. So there is no need to be updated to use this, but it is good advice. Also Framaroot has an option to unroot if you feel more secure doing it that way. But root is just the su binary and the app is optional for control of programs. Framaroot copies su to system/xbin then makes a symlink in system/bin to the binary, and installs SuperSu to system/app for program control/access. I think the other root method is what was causing bricks, but I never used that method. Just some general info that I thought might help.

Thanks for posting.

Go to settings/security and check the "unknown sources" box. Then, download the newest version of Framaroot. The link is in the original post. Install it, open it and click on the word "Boromir". I don't know if it's official, but it is effective. Merry Christmas!

This doesn't seem to work for me maybe I should have done this before updating or maybe that would have undone this anyhow.

Either way frama doesn't work for me and there is no other working method I can find at the moment to root the device.

Any suggestions?

Will framaroot work on a Samsung centura, what ever its called, from straight talk. What exploit should I use. Doing it for my mom.

Thanks Fives

Back
Top Bottom