• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Elite vs Kyocera Rise

TRAITORS!! Backstabbers! Just when we hit a breakthrough to easily root our device. The Elite frown upon you! BANISHED, hereforth and forever more.

Lol. I haven't completely jumped ship. Still have 2 Elites in the family, and I also Donated to the recovery project for it. But, gotta give the Rise credit, so far its looking like a better phone at the same price point.

What sort of internal memory do either of these phones have (NOT counting the SD Card). My Optimus V only had like 120 megs of internal space which means before I rooted it, I could only install a handful of apps and then it was full, even if I tried to use the Move to SD card option.

Do these have more or are they similar to that?

I'm looking for something for my parents and would prefer something I don't have to root if I don't have to.

well my experience having both in hand pretty much came down to an elite I owned that was malfunctioning and a rise that was not. both are speedy but loaded with bloatware stock. I'd give the rise the nod because it has ICS stock and the elite does not. under good circumstances the elite is great,but my situation owning it was a device that was faulty.

The elite has 904MiB internal /data partition. This is the common place for user-editable apps and settings and things like that. It also has a 1.9GiB fake internal SD card. And it supports (officially) up to 32GiB micro-SD card.

Back
Top Bottom