• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email limit on Samsung

I use pop email and I need to download an email archive of 7000+ emails. I want to download these to my new Samsung S5 that I purchased yeterday. On my Sony Z1 that broke on Saturday I had all 7000+ emails in the account.
They are still on the email server and visible when I look at them with webmail from a pc.
I have "do not delete" from server ticked
I am using the standard email program that comes with the Sony Z1 and the Samsung S5. Exactly the same program. The Samsung S5 downloaded the most recent 1000 and ignored the email archive from before 15 March. This evening I have received 7 more emails to the account and the Samsung deleted the oldest 7. It should not be able to do this as I chose "Never delete" in settings.
If there is no setting for this is there another email app that will force Samsung to behave correctly.

Hi

In the email app

menu button
settings
select your imported account under "added accounts"
check that "recent messages" is set to "total"

If this does not work, consider importing your old email account to your gmail account (using a pc to set this up) and using the gmail app.

I was not aware that there was a limit to emails in samsung phones. I have only been able to import 419 emails (as that is all there are on my old account) but they date back to 2010, so there is no apparent date limit.

Roger

Back
Top Bottom