• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email says "Login Failed"...emails not coming through

Lola1110

Okay so I have two gmail accounts on my HTC Incredible 2. Neither the gmail app nor the stock app are receiving emails at all. When I go in to the stock app and try to refresh it says Login Failed. I stopped using the Gmail App a few months ago due to basically the same problem, yet sometimes the Gmail app will notify me I have mail, but not consistently. I've cleared the cache. No luck. Can anyone help?

Okay so I have two gmail accounts on my HTC Incredible 2. Neither the gmail app nor the stock app are receiving emails at all. When I go in to the stock app and try to refresh it says Login Failed. I stopped using the Gmail App a few months ago due to basically the same problem, yet sometimes the Gmail app will notify me I have mail, but not consistently. I've cleared the cache. No luck. Can anyone help?

Sounds like the username/password are wrong.

I haven't changed them, and I never have to login...I just open the app

Well, with the Gmail app, you log in when you get the phone, and with the stock email app you only need to set it up the first time, and then it continues as normal. All that is to say that "never having to do it" is normal. Have you tried logging out (clearing the data will also accomplish this), then logging back in?

Also, what are your notification settings set for in the gmail app? I'm fairly sure there's an option to only have it notify you once for new mall, vs each mask that arrives. Maybe that's the culprit in gmail?

Back
Top Bottom