• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

enable double tap to wake through setedit

As you can see, there's no double tap to wake feature in the settings on my phone (only double tap to sleep) but in setedit (both in secure and system tables) double tap to wake =1. Is there a way to activate it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231115-101415_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20231115-101415_Settings.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 288
  • secure table.jpg
    secure table.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 85
  • system table.jpg
    system table.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 107
I am also facing the same issue!
you are having the same issue with double tapping to wake? or when using setedit?

As you can see, there's no double tap to wake feature in the settings on my phone (only double tap to sleep) but in setedit (both in secure and system tables) double tap to wake =1. Is there a way to activate it?
what phone do you have?

my z fold 4 has this option:
Screenshot_20231117_102942_Settings.jpg

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I have a Pixel 8 Pro with Android 14. I don't see double tap to wake either. Only double tap to sleep.

It's interesting you found it with SetEdit. I noted SetEdit said:

...By default, for your protection, Android prevents you from modifying the SECURE and GLOBAL tables. If you have Android Jellybean or later, you can remove this protection from an ADB shell using the command "pm grant by4a.setedit22 android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS". On earlier versions, you can only remove this protection...

It's a bit confusing on how it's written. So I don't think you can change it on newer phones (maybe I'm wrong) and there is no developer email list that I can see

Reactions: ocnbrze

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones