• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Enabling wifi calling

I am with Three Mobile on PAYG with a Samsung S5. They recently withdrew their wifi calling app and the S5 is not supported. I bought a S7 which is supported but on trying it I discovered that it will only work on phones supplied by them. This seems to be common to other providers.

I now have to purchase a phone from them but before I do would like to know if there is anyway around the problem. This is in the UK

Thanks

yeah it is a carrier option. not sure, but you might want to search xda for your specifc s7 model. there might be a work around, and it might need root access as well.

Thanks.

Fortunately I got my money back on the phone as the seller was not aware of that restriction. So that gives me freedom of choice on another phone.

I will have a look at your suggestion though I am not sure of what to look for.

just search for enabling wifi and then your device on xda. most of them you will see info on the pixel phones. but there are other phones that you can force the preferred wifi calling option.

A very good option it's called "drop those bit****" and change to a service provider that supports your needs..you are paying for a good service..is not like you are asking them a favor..sincerely I'm sick and tired of this companies acting like we need them..NO, WE DON'T NEED THEM..they need your money..with out your money they are nothing..it's like your money isn't good!!!

Back
Top Bottom