• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Epic 4G Extended contract price is $129 @ WalMart

Wow... all I can say is thanks! I printed out my shopping cart (2 Epics) and brought it to BB, and at first they said that they could do it for $300 ($40 more than WallyWorld). I chatted w/my wife about it - and we finally decided to go for it. Got back to the mobile section, got a different guy, and he matched it completely! So I walked out of BB w/2 epics for $260 - no gift cards!!!!

I guess it goes to show you how ridiculously marked up these phones are when they can and eagerly will take what we think is a major hit. Oh well -2 for 260 is better then 2 for 500 =)

Upvote 0
Wow... all I can say is thanks! I printed out my shopping cart (2 Epics) and brought it to BB, and at first they said that they could do it for $300 ($40 more than WallyWorld). I chatted w/my wife about it - and we finally decided to go for it. Got back to the mobile section, got a different guy, and he matched it completely! So I walked out of BB w/2 epics for $260 - no gift cards!!!!

I guess it goes to show you how ridiculously marked up these phones are when they can and eagerly will take what we think is a major hit. Oh well -2 for 260 is better then 2 for 500 =)
I would say!!! Congrats on making a great deal. The only thing is I didn't pay any sales tax. I won't have the $100 in time to buy Christmas gifts. I won't be able to go to the store and have it replaced if something goes wrong in the first 30 days. But I still have my original Moment that my wife is now using so I'm not too worried about having to take it back.

Upvote 0
I would say!!! Congrats on making a great deal. The only thing is I didn't pay any sales tax. I won't have the $100 in time to buy Christmas gifts. I won't be able to go to the store and have it replaced if something goes wrong in the first 30 days. But I still have my original Moment that my wife is now using so I'm not too worried about having to take it back.
Too late now $100 gift card deal is gone!

Upvote 0

I just saw gift card is gone too! :-( I need to get this phone back under $200 to buy it. Maybe Cyber Monday??!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones