• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Epson WF-3620: Won't print PDF files

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
Jun 17, 2011
Owensboro, KY
I just got a nice WorkForce 3620 business wifi printer, which works fine (test page printed fine from my smartphone app) and seems capable of printing anything--except Adobe Portable Document Format (*.PDF) files.

They render fine in a browser, or any of the three apps i tried, but selecting print and using any setting available (color, b&w, etc) makes nothing happen except my printer spitting out a blank page. i was trying to print my auto insurance ID cards and all it gave me was a blank sheet with the borders but the text was not printed at all. the file read correctly in the reader apps but refused to print the content and only printed the borders and frames, and the logo from my insurance company.

Looking online, the solution seems to be to use 'print as image' or 'markup document' or some such from the Adobe Reader app. but no such option exists when printing from wifi. all i do is hit print, select color or black and white, and hit ok. blank sheet comes out.

What's going on? everything else prints fine (Word, Excel, photos, etc)

On the PDF's page - select "Print" from the pull-down menu - left top.
Center/top press "Advanced" button.
UNCHECK "Print to File"
Check "Print as Image"!
Press "OK " and print the page! ;)
=====================================
Other things to try (any order);
1) In "Control Panel" > "Printers & Scanners" Select "Remove Device" and then "Add Printer".
2) Power down, unplug from wall (and remove battery), Press/hold "ON" button for 10-30 seconds. Power back up. <Works on MANY items!

Always remember that "Life IS Grand!" Lots of SMILEs for all
Nancy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones