• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error call recorder google dialer

sofiene2023

Lurker
i have install the custom rom lineage 20 on my galaxy a30 and install gapps
In google dialer the call recorder setting is enabled but the issue is when i make a call and this call is answered the call record button disappeared
I try to install google dialer mod via magisk but there's no result
Please can somebody help me to solve this issue

Images

Screenshot_20230122-094449_Téléphone.png
2.png

Perhaps the app is attempting to be compliant. This Is a quick google search:

Can someone record your phone call without your permission?

Under the federal Wiretap Act, it is illegal for any person to secretly record an oral, telephonic, or electronic communication that other parties to the communication reasonably expect to be private. (18 U.S.C.

Yep google is cracking down on call recording apps and has taken out the recording feature that some of the older Android os had in the past. Basically there used to be an accessibility function in the android os that allowed for call recording. This has been shutdown.

I have not looked but maybe check over here XDA Forums and see if there is gapps that allows accessibility to call recording.

Where I am there's no restrictions on recording phone calls AFAiK, and so many Android phones here have call recording as a stock feature, with automatic call reccrding if desired.
the call record feature is enabled in settings but when i make a call it is unfunctionnal

Android 12 broke call recording apps. Apparently Google thinks they will be legally liable if an Android user illegally records a call. With that rationale, auto manufacturers should immediately stop selling cars because someone may drive drunk!

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom