• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help error message popup- TwLauncher ?

uzee

May 14, 2010
Scotland
Hi
There is a problem with my Galaxy S2. An error message keeps popping up:

The application TwLauncher (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I think its related to the Touch Whizz user interface.

I have tried many things, including restarting the phone, taking the battery out and inserting and restarting it again. I also restored the phone back to factory settings.

The message still keeps popping up and I can’t use my phone. The only thing I see on the screen is an empty desktop and the toolbar at the top.

Help!

Hello there, people. :)

I seem to be experiencing the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S2, however before I do anything I just wanted to know will it 'format' my phone ie will EVERYTHING get deleted like pictures and documents... ? I guess my question is will ANYTHING get deleted if I follow any of the above instructions?

I'm in desperate need to use my phone and would also not like anything to get deleted... I would deeply appreciate any help from anyone as soon as possible, please.

Thank you all amazing people soo much for your help in advance. :)

P.S. I also see that it says, as well as '...TwLaucher...' it also says the same for:-
'...LogsProvider...'

Is that any different to TwLaucher? Ie. will the same procedure to tackle this 'TwLaucher' problem also solve this 'LogsProvider' thing?

Upvote 0
Factory reset should not delete the data in the 11.5GB USB storage space or any external microSD space. Unless you choose to format those.

Factory reset will revert the phone to factory state in the sense that contacts, settings, apps would be reverted to when you first obtain the phone. Meaning all downloaded apps would also be gone but if the app data is stored in the 11.5GB Phone memory / USB storage space, the app data will still be there. You still have to redownload the app to use it. Try back up whatever you can before doing the factory reset, specially your contacts.

Cheers

Reactions: Seven8Six
Upvote 0
Factory reset should not delete the data in the 11.5GB USB storage space or any external microSD space. Unless you choose to format those.

Factory reset will revert the phone to factory state in the sense that contacts, settings, apps would be reverted to when you first obtain the phone. Meaning all downloaded apps would also be gone but if the app data is stored in the 11.5GB Phone memory / USB storage space, the app data will still be there. You still have to redownload the app to use it. Try back up whatever you can before doing the factory reset, specially your contacts.

Cheers
Hello!
I don't really know were my pictures and things are stored ie. I take a picture and it goes to my photo gallery. That's it. I do nothing after that. Will the factory reset delete those?

I'm not sure whether you're aware of the app 'Kies Air' (or something like that)... I've been trying to access that to save my pictures, contacts and things but the pop-up won't let me.

It won't let me go on my contacts either, how am I to back up anything?

I don't mind the downloaded apps going but it's my pictures and contacts I'm most worried about...

Thank you...

Upvote 0

Cheers
Oh, I could 'slyly' go onto my settings and 'manage my applications'... It's just that I'm not sure which application to go on (to 'clear cache'?)... ie TwLaucher that will NOT delete my pictures or contacts.

I can manage to go onto my settings, it's just that I have to press the what I have to press super fast (like millisecond fast)... But yeah, I can get onto my settings if that helps.

Thankss agaiinn...

:)

Upvote 0
1) The normal settings have the phone save the pictures in the USB storage in a folder called DCIM/Camera. That folder would not be deleted with a factory reset. Just don't choose any option that says format the memory.

2) If you can go into settings to clear cache. Please try that first. Its in the manage applications/All/TWlauncher.

3) If you can get into contact, hopefully you have a chance to export the contacts list.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
1) The normal settings have the phone save the pictures in the USB storage in a folder called DCIM/Camera. That folder would not be deleted with a factory reset. Just don't choose any option that says format the memory.

2) If you can go into settings to clear cache. Please try that first. Its in the manage applications/All/TWlauncher.

3) If you can get into contact, hopefully you have a chance to export the contacts list.

Good luck.
Heyyy...

Sorry I just wanted to ask... now it only seems to keep saying something about the 'LogsProvider' that 'has stopped unexpectedly'... In stead of going on the TwLaucher to clear cache, shall I clear cache on the LogsProvider instead?

:)

Upvote 0
If you factory reset, calender, notes and memos would be gone. But calender can be synced to google as backup. For notes and memos, maybe can try to save to a location that can be retrieved.

Other than that, there are apps like MyBackupPro, Airdroid, etc. which can backup those items. The problem is that you actually need to be able to access the phone to do it, and if you can't, not sure what else can be done.

Upvote 0
Having same issue with TW Launcher, except mine is more difficult. I factory reset by holding Power+Home+Vol up. When I restart, the TW Launcher error remains. I tried to redownload Go Launcher through Google and because i factory reset, Google is not recognizing my device as set up. So it doesn't connect. I tried to sideload a launcher through USB and it says I need to check the debug option in my setting for USB. Problem is that I cannot get into my settings because of my black screen. I am stuck.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
What did you select when you went into the menu? Try doing it again to clear cache, and factory reset. Once you turn back on the phone, you are suppose to input the google account again and everything should start from fresh. You need to input the google account to access the market.

If it doesn't do that and you still having TW error messages, then it might mean the TW software itself have been corrupted and for that I don't know how to help...

Upvote 0
Yes, I did a clear cache and factory reset. I also found someone who mentioned deleting the google account and starting fresh in case there was an app that was corrupting it. So I deleted my google account and started a new one. When I turn the phone back on, it doesn't make it to the google account sign in page.

After all of that, it still gives the TW error message. I believe the software is corrupt and I have no way of uploading new software.

I appreciate your attempt to help.

Upvote 0
I was having this problem on my SGS2, and figured the cause out to be a dodgy widget on the home screen (can't remember which one).

What I did to fix it was restart my phone, and immediately when the home screen is displayed, swipe to the left to bring up your second home page. (The error wasn't coming up when I had this home page displayed, that's how I figured out it was something on the first page).

Then, pinch to zoom out, and remove the page with the buggy widget.

Hope that helps somebody!

Upvote 0
Hi
There is a problem with my Galaxy S2. An error message keeps popping up:

The application TwLauncher (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I think its related to the Touch Whizz user interface.

I have tried many things, including restarting the phone, taking the battery out and inserting and restarting it again. I also restored the phone back to factory settings.

The message still keeps popping up and I can

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones