• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error updating to 5.1.1 on Metro

Kickop

Lurker
Hi guys, so I recently got an LG Leon to replace my L70 and have been liking it so far except for one major thing, I can't update from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1. When I do try to update, it will reboot and all that and begin installing, but then the little android dude will fall over and have just the text "error" at the bottom of the screen and then force me to pull the battery to turn the phone off.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Hi guys, so I recently got an LG Leon to replace my L70 and have been liking it so far except for one major thing, I can't update from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1. When I do try to update, it will reboot and all that and begin installing, but then the little android dude will fall over and have just the text "error" at the bottom of the screen and then force me to pull the battery to turn the phone off.

Anyone know how to fix this?

You can use this method to manually update to 5.1.1:http://androidforums.com/threads/unbrick-guide-lg-leon-lte-metropcs-lgms345-kdz-firmware.923914/ What's great about that method is you can also use it to unbrick the leon and it works whether your device is rooted or not.

Edit: One more thing, make sure you're flashing the 10d firmware and not the 10e. 10d is still rootable, while 10e is not(as far as I know). If you're not interested in rooting your device then you can disregard this last bit of advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom