• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root error while backing up /system wtf.

SeemsLegit

ok so i want to put my phone on a custom rom, however when i try to back up my shit it says "error while making a backup image of /system"

I don't know why?

May i remind you that i have soft bricked this phone before, and i had to install a custom rom, then i went back to stock.

and recently i discovered my custom recovery was gone too, so i had to re flash a new one on. so im using CWM recovery.

Why does it give me an error? :s

i would go ahead and install the rom anyways, but im scared of bricking again.

this is my only phone i have atm, and its one of my favorites.

What are you trying to back up? The whole phone, in case you brick it? The apps and data, to replace them after you replace the ROM?

If you want a full backup, go to CWM and do a nandroid backup. That's the whole phone, as it is, Restoring that will give you exactly what you had when you made the backup.

If you just want the apps and data, use Helium or Titanium Backup.

Since it's /system that's failing to back up, I'm assuming that you're trying to back up the qhole phone. If nothing else works, reflash CWM and do a nandroid backup immediately.

As far as why it's giving you the error, there are dozens of possibilities. Do you really care, or do you just want to get your phone back? (If you really care, you're going to have to learn exactly how Android works, both from a hardware standpoint and from the operating system's viewpoint, and debug the whole phone until you find the error. By that time, smartphones will be antiques.)

What are you trying to back up? The whole phone, in case you brick it? The apps and data, to replace them after you replace the ROM?

If you want a full backup, go to CWM and do a nandroid backup. That's the whole phone, as it is, Restoring that will give you exactly what you had when you made the backup.

If you just want the apps and data, use Helium or Titanium Backup.

Since it's /system that's failing to back up, I'm assuming that you're trying to back up the qhole phone. If nothing else works, reflash CWM and do a nandroid backup immediately.

As far as why it's giving you the error, there are dozens of possibilities. Do you really care, or do you just want to get your phone back? (If you really care, you're going to have to learn exactly how Android works, both from a hardware standpoint and from the operating system's viewpoint, and debug the whole phone until you find the error. By that time, smartphones will be antiques.)

Thanks for the help, lol. but i fixed it like right after posting this.

All i did was delete the old back ups, and it backed up fully and just fine!

Which is weird, i had enough space, so i know space wasnt a problem? :p

and yeah i care because i dont wanna brick or if i dont like the rom id like to go back xD

but i fixed the issue! :D

Back
Top Bottom