• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ever feel like posting out of boredom? I sure do: new lower quadrant scores

CaptainObvious

Now i know people always say to take quadrant scores with a gigantic grain of salt, but this is a little confusing.

Pre update, my phone got between 1700 and 1900. Now after the second Ginger update? 1390. Every single time.

Yet with widget locker and go launcher loaded on there , everything is running buttery smooth. Not a single bit of lag.

I know i meant to put a question somewhere in there...lol why the difference in scores? And why do people even use quadrant only to get the score and tell everybody to take it with a grain of salt? If it's not meant to be taken seriously, what's the point? Isn't it just a useless arbitrary number that has no real world meaning what so ever?

Seeing the new score instantly made me think of my old iPhone 3gs. I could be in the African jungle and it would give me full signal bars, yet when i tried to make a call, it failed. Later we all find out the iPhones rating system for signal strength was misleading. When we saw 2 bars, it was actually more like negative 2.

Could this be the case with our salty test app?

Well I don't ever run quadrant so I don't know what my scores would be. You could try to do some things to alter your scores like killing apps, disabling widget locker, rooting and flashing a custom rom and kernel you can overclock... ;)

I would think these would be the worst test apps for android, If you want to learn how to program this app just go to the android developers page and do the first tutorial

Now i know people always say to take quadrant scores with a gigantic grain of salt, but this is a little confusing.

Pre update, my phone got between 1700 and 1900. Now after the second Ginger update? 1390. Every single time.

Yet with widget locker and go launcher loaded on there , everything is running buttery smooth. Not a single bit of lag.

I know i meant to put a question somewhere in there...lol why the difference in scores? And why do people even use quadrant only to get the score and tell everybody to take it with a grain of salt? If it's not meant to be taken seriously, what's the point? Isn't it just a useless arbitrary number that has no real world meaning what so ever?

Seeing the new score instantly made me think of my old iPhone 3gs. I could be in the African jungle and it would give me full signal bars, yet when i tried to make a call, it failed. Later we all find out the iPhones rating system for signal strength was misleading. When we saw 2 bars, it was actually more like negative 2.

Could this be the case with our salty test app?

I mentioned this in another thread, I ran about 1350 for a while, went back to 1700's after a few hours. Phone is obviously faster.

It could be that the update is clearing your cache. Once it builds back up the phone should be quicker

im jealous.... last time i checked i couldnt get past 1400 ever.... havent tried it now with update

edit: score now: 1396 wtfffff why dont i ever get the 1700s like i did when i first bought phone

edit: restarted phone & let idle for 5 min got 1524 now

Back
Top Bottom