• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root EVO 4G LTE RUUs

I am stuck with no access to anything. No Recovery, No Bootloader. The phone will only reset and return to the Black Screen with silver HTC font and four error symbols in the 4 corners. I can get the phone to recognize in Fastboot on my PC but I have no knowledge of use within there. When I can actually see the Fastboot Flash Screen by manipulating the USB cable into it a little..it shows
[2] Recovery - OK
[3] System - Fail UZ
[4] Splash - Ok
(and it continues on with OK until the radio)
at the very bottom it says
Image Unzipping Fail!
Update Fail!
From the RUU Utility I have
ERROR[152]: IMAGE UPDATE ERROR
The read me only specifies:
ERROR [155~159]: IMAGE ERROR
One of these error messages will appear when you use the incorrect RUU to update and the image file size is larger than the Flash ROM size. In this case, download the correct RUU version and try again.

I am using
RUU_JEWEL_CL_ICS_40_Sprint_WWE_1.12.651.2_Radio_1.02.11.0423_2_NV_SPCS_2.28_003_release_257970_signed.exe
from http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-lte-all-things-root/573743-evo-4g-lte-ruus.html

Out of desperation I have used the RUU_JEWEL_DD_ICS_40_HTCCN_CHS_CT_1.27.1401.1_R4_Radio_1.08.40.0601_NV_CT_2.35_001_release_265471_signed.exe file but it wont even begin because of a Model ID conflict.

the last thing I am going to do my self is try the other one
RUU_JEWEL_CL_ICS_40_Sprint_WWE_1.13.651.1_Radio_1.02.12.0427_NV_SPCS_2.28_003_release_259183_signed

To give you a heads up on what happened. I was doing quite a bit of work in sucession..

I re-rooted with Regraw's Tool
S-Off with Lazy Panda,
then edited the Bootloader Screen with Regraw's tool,
and the last thing I did was flash v1.1 of Mean Rom with 3 superwipes qued prior to the ROM in TWRP recovery. The phone showed it completed later when I checked it and NEVER booted since I then pressed reboot. I have researched and looked. Nothing I am trying is making any difference.

Also I have also ran the Fastboot oem lock command

Any tips, ideas, help is def appreciated!

Glad to hear you fixed it. Was about to tell you that only the 1.13.651.1 RUU will work for shipped devices. The 1.12.651.1 was a leaked RUU before the device was out, and the other one is for a Chinese model device. :) Again, glad to hear it's working again

I keep getting error 155. I think I might be using the wrong ruu. My software version on my phone is 1.13.651 710RD. Does anyone know which ruu I should be using?

Thanks for the reply. I just tried that. I went into the bootloader , chose fastboot and then ran ruu 1.13.651.1 and I still got the 155 error.

Was I supposed to select fastboot, reboot then use ruu? I started ruu while I was still in the bootloader

You should use the 1.13.651.1 RUU, but here's a trick. Reboot your phone into fastboot (the bootloader) then run the RUU ;)

Thanks for the reply. I just tried that. I went into the bootloader , chose fastboot and then ran ruu 1.13.651.1 and I still got the 155 error.

Was I supposed to select fastboot, reboot then use ruu? I started ruu while I was still in the bootloader

Did you change any of your firmware?

If you flashed the new radios and such, and you try an older RUU, the radios will throw the RUU off if I'm not mistaken.

Check what radios you have, and post back.

Settings / About / Software Info / More / Baseband Version = your radio # :)

Did you change any of your firmware?

If you flashed the new radios and such, and you try an older RUU, the radios will throw the RUU off if I'm not mistaken.

Check what radios you have, and post back.

Settings / About / Software Info / More / Baseband Version = your radio # :)

I am on Hboot 1.19, Baseband : 1.12.11.0809 and software version : 2.13.651.1 710RD. (Probably the latest one).
I have used dirtyracun to get S-Off.
Since, I am not getting EVDO network on the 1.12.11.0809 radio version, I want to downgrade to earlier radios. Is that possible without fear of bricking?

Downgrading firmware alone presents a good chance of a brick. I would be cautious about the ruu.

Did the previous radio version work for you?

You may be able to get it working by using a utility to toggle the various radio modes.

I may not be able to post about it until tomorrow.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mangelow.network

I got the phone with the latest version radio only but others on the same network are getting EVDO signals on previous radio. None of them are getting EVDO on latest radio version.
I did toggled with various radio modes but it did not helped.
In fast I had researched about almost all the modes when you put these codes: *#*#4636#*#* but it did not helped. :(

Probably a silly idea - have you going to airplane mode for the 30 seconds to force a data connection?

I have to do this often with mine. If I get thrown into 1X data, it won't jump back onto 3G. I have to turn on airplane mode. Toggling the data connection on and off doesn't work.

Toggling airplane mode does not help. There is something in the radio file which prevents it to connect to my EVDO network.
Generally to use Sprint handsets with my network, I just have to upload the prl and after that it starts to show the EVDO network. (This is just the first step, there are more steps to activate data/voice).
Now with this radio version, the phone is not showing EVDO even after uploading the PRL, it only shows 1x. So I am 99% sure that it is because of the radio version.

The same happened with Sprint GNEX also in which only FC12 radio was able to get EVDO network.

Help!

Back
Top Bottom