• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Exchange problems on Mik 2.6

RCope48

I cant get my email exchange for my work account set up, I know all my settings are correct, my tablet is connected, any ideas? anyone have a problem with this? I was told exchange worked with this ROM?:(

Well, no responses, but if anyone else ever runs into this problem, I did find a workaround...touchdown...standalone exchange with activesync...I like it better because it is standalone,and it doesn't give my company control of the phone anymore, no pin code to unlock, ability to wipe data, etc.. so now I can receive my emails and tell my company to bite me, at the same time and they don't even know it! :D

Did it work prior to you going with MikG 2.6? Your IS dept usually has to approve your device and/or your account for mobile use in the Exchange permissions

What entries were you putting in each of the required fields? I've used all the MikG roms successfully with Exchange 2003 and 2010. Most Exchange admins don't go through the trouble of locking out ActiveSync devices unless told to do so, but you'd have to know your IT department's procedures for that.

Our Exchange admin has blocked mobile use for all devices (except BB's) that aren't using MobileIron with a specific PIN code. They did this when we migrated to Exchange 2010 for some reason (IS distributed BB's and iPhones only). I can see ActiveSync is enabled in the Exchange Management Console, but i'm blocked from viewing the specific profile properties dealing with the configuration that's denying me access. I'm still working to get around it via the webmail address though, and I was able to get Touchdown to work in Exchange 2007 mode, but it was very slow to sync, and not worth the $20 for a pro key for me since i can use the browser to check it for free.

Yes my exchange worked before I rooted and flashed Mik 2.6, Ive tried multiple times to set it up, and it keeps coming back with authentication failed, I deleted the account and reset it on my tablet and it works, so I know my credentials are correct, havent talked to our IT dept...Im not all that concerned about it, touchdown works, not sure why, I do know that with my employer, they require a pin to unlock screen and remote data wipe, so not sure if that is a certificate problem or what? little bit over my head:confused:

Back
Top Bottom