• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Excited for this phone !! but...

I'm excited for as well
but i wouldnt go directly for what u saw in the pictures
until there are actual videos of it :)

Ill just be happy if it has:
The swivel screen
Trackpad
And a screen bout the size of the G2's

If its a slider then it may as well just be an evo shift

Anyone know anything bout it? screen size, internal organ specs, what version of android will it run i know the company will have its custom look over it [is it still sharp thats manufacturing it or samsung?] I been searching all over the web and nothing lol I'm hoping that they will drop a 1ghz processor in it and at least stable gpu along side with 500 mb of ram. All in all I hope it wont be a disappointment. Sidekick has a reputation to keep up it was the best texting/ web phone a few years ago I hope they can get the title back, tmo could use a former heavy weight champ in the ring again.

ok so found out its running on 2.2 it is made by samsung and will run its own version of touchwiz :( not a 100% on that but from the looks of it thats what its looking pray that samsung wont run this phone to the ground

oooh its going to have a lot of goodies!

-Front facing Camera
-1ghz processor
-FM Radio
-Tmobile TV
-4g capable
-GPS
-Memory slot
-Flash support
-sync with Microsoft Outlook

Obviously this phone is exactly "leading the way", but it is "catching up" to today's phone standards. Its a phone that you won't get made fun of when you take out, but at the same time you can hang out with the big boys and be compatible.

oooh its going to have a lot of goodies!

-Front facing Camera
-1ghz processor
-FM Radio
-Tmobile TV
-4g capable
-GPS
-Memory slot
-Flash support
-sync with Microsoft Outlook

Obviously this phone is exactly "leading the way", but it is "catching up" to today's phone standards. Its a phone that you won't get made fun of when you take out, but at the same time you can hang out with the big boys and be compatible.

I hear the camera is only 3 megapixels are so(on the rear)

that is ******ed.
Like i have been using 5 & 8(8.1 with xperia) for so long so i can't
imagine going back down to a 3/3.2 megapixels

I guess i really shouldn't complain. I mainly used the FFC cam on my
Evo & Mytouch phones vs their rear cameras but still I am shocked
they would have such a low res camera in 2011 for a supposedly high
end phone

that is ******ed.
Like i have been using 5 & 8(8.1 with xperia) for so long so i can't
imagine going back down to a 3/3.2 megapixels

I guess i really shouldn't complain. I mainly used the FFC cam on my
Evo & Mytouch phones vs their rear cameras but still I am shocked
they would have such a low res camera in 2011 for a supposedly high
end phone

My thoughts exactly! So disappointed.. well now I'm hoping that they make another Sidekick next year. But with the AT&T / T-Mobile merge who knows what's going to happen.

My thoughts exactly! So disappointed.. well now I'm hoping that they make another Sidekick next year. But with the AT&T / T-Mobile merge who knows what's going to happen.

oops i didn't realize i had cussed(sowieee)

but nah i think it is pretty doubtful that a sidekick will come out on At&t next year.

I think this will probably be the last of the line of mytouch phones as well since
those are tmobile brands

oops i didn't realize i had cussed(sowieee)

but nah i think it is pretty doubtful that a sidekick will come out on At&t next year.

I think this will probably be the last of the line of mytouch phones as well since
those are tmobile brands

Oh dang I completely forgot about those being T-Mobile brands :(
Personally, I like the T-Mobile selection of android phones so much better than any other carrier. Will be sad to see T-Mobile merged into AT&T.

Edit: But hopefully AT&T will pick up those brands from where T-Mobile left off? I doubt it but all I can do is hope XD

3.5" screen - largest so far in the Sidekick family (Sidekick LX09 was 3.2"; SK 2008 = 2.6"; SKLX07 = 3"). not as big as higher end Android models but does the job!

Back
Top Bottom