• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Excited to get this phone

NewbieX2

Nov 14, 2009
I'm currently on Sprint through my mom's family plan, but, providing my grades for the semester are good enough, she'll switch to Verizon so I can get a Droid. The Pre is decent and all, but I'm just falling in love with the Droid. The screen is absolutely beautiful and it's so fast. One of my best friends and roommates has one and I've gotten to play with it for a bit. The camera produces gorgeous pictures, I love that it zooms (I've gotten cheated...3 phones in my life and none have had camera zoom...), the video recorder is breath taking, the landscape keyboard is amazing...It's just too much.

Is there ANY bad about this device? Assume all the "problem models" will be gone when I get the device in about one months time.

The camera is acceptable. It's the software to utilize the camera that's down right disgraceful. I can get good pictures off the camera. Just it's a pain in the ass.

Here's my post with 2 shots I got from the camera.

edit: But I do agree. It's too noisey for my liking. Kinda wish they used a 3.2 mp, and some Ziess optics. =) There's noise reduction software, but from looking at the 100% crop and thinking about the reload time after taking a 5mp picture, I think they've already added noise reduction into the software.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones