• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root External SD Problem

keysdesease

Hello spiriters.
Here is what i have. A 32GB Sandisk card. Worked fine for months then one day the scanning for media files icon would never go away. Reboot phone and i got a bad card error msg needing to format. I removed the card put it in my PC, copied all the files off, put back in phone and had it format. Still same problem, so i put back in pc formatted using windows fat32.

Upon mounting the card back in, it mounts read only. Took back out and was able to write to card fine. Did this many times and even used linux to format. Plus used 3rd party softwater SDFormatter (supposedly low level formats, can't see how this is possible) but still has the same problem upon mounting it in phone.

I use another sd card and the phone has no problems. But if the 32gb card is bad why are my pc's able to write to it? With the directories copied onto it the phone see's it but only ro?

Any ideas??????""

Same thing happened to one of my 4 GB cards and my sister's card on her Spirit too. My parents sd cards also got messed up on their lg motions. I don't know what the deal is ! I have a 32 GB sandisk now and I'm just waiting for the day my phones corrupts it too lol it's all good as long as everything is backed up to my computer ! it does get quite frustrating though I'm sure a lot of us spiriters feel your pain

I actually would be okay with it as long as the card works alright in my PC.
But upon mounting on the phone it always says Read Only. Like there is something wrong in the FAT table or something.

I refuse to keep feeding the man. I want to format it in a way like the old time hard drives low level formatting that would take 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom