• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help external sd storage issues

New to this site. I have an lg optimus 3d. Not sure this is right area?? Here goes. I have like 500 songs and 200 pics on phone. Now its comming up my memory us full. So i delete some songs and pics when this happens. Had phone about a year. So i bought a 16 gb sd external. Installed it and exported my contact list. However memory never changed yet. I would like to send all my songs and pics to external sd. However i have tried and tried and cant figure out how??? Plus any new apps pics or songs id like sent there. At least a choice of where the stuff gets stored. My phone has internal memory internal sd and external sd. Any help in this matter greatly apreciated. Thk you

Hey freakychef - welcome to the forums!! :)

If you sync your phone with your gmail account, your contacts should be stored there, meaning that they don't need to be stored on the phone. This way, when you come to change phones (or if you lost it and got a new one), your contacts would instantly be there :)

With regards to the songs/pics... if you connect your phone to your computer as a USB drive, you should be able to navigate the folders using your PC and move any pics to a folder (new folder if you want to create one) on the SD card. Pics are usually in either a "camera" or "DCIM" folder and music should be in a "media" or "music" folder.

As for sending apps to your SD card, I am not sure if this is possible - someone else who has the phone would have to advise you - I say this, as it is not possible on all versions of Android, unless you are rooted (more info on root can be given if you need).

Hope you find this place useful :D

Hi

same problem here.

16gb sd card and it seems to only recognise 6gb.
Which is full with dl apps.

has pics music and ebooks on the card with near ten gb left when in usb mode.

i was gonna ask the same thing.

lg problem?

Back
Top Bottom