• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eye tracking app recommendations

nwaves

Do you guys have any recommendations for an eye tracking app that would prevent my N4's screen from turning itself off while I'm reading an article.

Do you guys have any recommendations for an eye tracking app that would prevent my N4's screen from turning itself off while I'm reading an article.

I can't find one.. searched Play Store and the Internet.

That doesn't mean something isn't out there, or at least being developed. It sounds like a fantastic idea.

That originated on the S3 and was included on custom ROM's for my old S2. I think it's also available on an LG phone, but not sure which one.

It might be available if you were to root your phone, but you'd need to research that first.

I'm guessing the reason there's nothing on Play is that anyone who developed such an app would have to either have to have licensed the idea from Samsung or be prepared to deal with their legal wrath, patent law being what it is these days ..

I use one called Screebl lite. It's not eye tracking as such, but it works on the angle of the phone - I can't remember the last time my phone 'cut out' while I was halfway through reading something, I'd recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom