• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help face dialing sux

highaltitude

Anyone have problems with 'face dialing' someone else while you are on the phone? What I mean is, because the phone is a touch screen, whenever I am on the phone talking to someone I end up dialing, hitting numbers, hitting mute, etc. all with my cheek. Whenever you move around a bit or try to put the phone on your shoulder it ends up doing operations you dont want to do. I try to hit the power button which turns off the screen but it doesnt work. The only way it seems to behave fine is if you sit absolutly still and do nothing but hold the phone in one position. Anyone else deal with this or have a solution?

yes...but the second that your cheek go away from the screen for more than a half inch it go back on... happen to me often lately....i mute people or even sometimes see my cheek browse through my contacts...

yes...but the second that your cheek go away from the screen for more than a half inch it go back on... happen to me often lately....i mute people or even sometimes see my cheek browse through my contacts...

Yes exactly. mine does it all the time, is a PIA.:confused:

The proximity sensor should be up against your ear, stop faffing about when you're on it, problem solved. :p

I have the same issue, even when I'm very still. My phone ends up 3-way dialing someone else or redial the one I'm talking to. I think it's gotten worse lately, and it's very frustrating! Does anyone have a solution?

I have the same issue, even when I'm very still. My phone ends up 3-way dialing someone else or redial the one I'm talking to. I think it's gotten worse lately, and it's very frustrating! Does anyone have a solution?

Do you have a screen protector or a case protector on the phone?

If you do, that might be the problem.

There is a proximity sensor that should turn the phone off after the phone is dialed and brought to your ear.

Try without a protector or case (usually it is the case) and something needs to be cut off the case before the problem is resolved.

I always hold the phone at a 45 degree angle.
The earpiece touches my ear, but the microphone is away from my face as it doesn't need to be right beside my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom