• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook sync contacts

DGRYAN1977

Aug 6, 2010
Could someone explain to me how exactly facebook contacts are updated under "People"? By that I mean the picture and the status updates.
Is it Friendstream? I am not using friendstream for live feeds. I only have sync contacts checked. I am using the actual facebook app.
Let me explain..I have been playing around trying to get optimal battery. I am using the facebook app widget to view status updates. I have the facebook refresh interval at 30 minutes and all notifcations off (since they dont work)
Under "people" I have all the facebook options checked. Since there are 2, I dont know which one is for facebook app and which is for friendstream. I want to make sure my phone is not trying to sync contacts twice.

Also, anyone else having trouble with no twitter contacts showing up under "people"? Neither friendstream or the twitter app do it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones