• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook to Google contacts

On a related note...

How about just being able to pick the photo? Sometimes I want a google profile pic, sometimes I want the FB pic - but I can't seem to find a way to choose one or the other.

I also accidentally deleted a google profile photo and can't seem to get that back.

And how come facebook profile pictures never update? They always updated on my BB, now it seems I'm stuck with whatever photo was up when I logged into FB. I've tried logging out and back in as other suggest, but still can't get the photos to update.

Did you link the contact with their facebook profile? Then the picture should show up, I'm not sure about updating, I'd imagine it would, it pulls down their status updates nicely on mine, so I'd imagine the photo would be updated as well..

I have tried numerous times to update/sync my FB contact photos and status updates.

They do not work for me..... :( :(

It seems to be a bug that once you link the contacts from Google to Facebook, they no longer update the pictures, but the fix seems to be to logout of Facebook for HTC Sense, and then log back in and re-sync. I tried this last week and now all of my contacts pictures are working properly. I was worried that I would end up with duplicates or have to go back through and manually re-link all the contacts again, but turns out it was no problem what-so-ever.

mynameMD: To pick which picture to use, open a contact, click on the link button in the top right, click on the picture and it will bring up a menu.

I ended up deleting my Facebook for HTC Sense account. I liked getting the facebook photos and info but it caused me tons of headaches whenever I change the group a contact was in. Seemed like it would attach the group to the facebook contact when they were linked and never update it.

For example, I had someone in my favorite group, linked them to a facebook profile, then moved them out of my favorites group but they would still be present on all the widgets and group views... I tried unlinking and then linking them back up... nothing would work...

Any suggestions/ Any one know if Facebook for HTC Sense is going to be updated anytime soon?

Back
Top Bottom