• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Factory Mode and Not Registered On Network error

Hi,
i am new to android, and i got a galaxy tab 3 as a gift, though after startup its got this pop up screen thing that has all the information about the device which goes away only if i open an app and the menu thingy that comes from swipe down has an Update Device Information as ongoing.

I have been unable to update the device cuz nothing happened when i updated it and i downloaded kies but it wont show what the current firmware is.

Also i got a Not Registered On Network error cuz of which i cant make any calls or anything, though internet seems to work fine if i enable mobile data.

I am pretty new to android and dont know anything about rooting it and this is a brand new device, other than that, it was a gift so i dont have any bill or anything for warranty purposes until it has any online system like Dell's.

I also get a msg in red that goes away after a brief period saying that the device is in factory mode and asking me to change it to user mode.

p.s i am not even sure what version of tab it is, its got a model no. SM - T 211

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones